Twin Sri Lankan Pics

kingsley

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hello Here are some Pics of the 120% hatch!! The twins are half the size of the norm, and one is even smaller, but seems to be doing well, getting a few minutes of the AZ morning sun today. Also pics of the new Platynota hatchlings from a very special female that I raised from a hatchling.image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Amazing, @kingsley They are wonderful and those twins, so small but seemingly healthy!

Were your platynota from a clutch of 4? What was the diapause and incubations times & Temps.

Thanks,

Mark

kingsley

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The platynota are from a clutch of 9 eggs, she laid 2 infertile clutches in 2015, I used a different sire this year (2016)and these are the first babies from her. The diapause was 30 days at 62 degrees, incubation temp was 87 degrees RH 60. I used the normal ratio of 1:1 vermiculite to water by weight. I have a second clutch of 8 eggs from her but I havent candled them yet.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The platynota are from a clutch of 9 eggs, she laid 2 infertile clutches in 2015, I used a different sire this year (2016)and these are the first babies from her. The diapause was 30 days at 62 degrees, incubation temp was 87 degrees RH 60. I used the normal ratio of 1:1 vermiculite to water by weight. I have a second clutch of 8 eggs from her but I havent candled them yet.

I wish I could click "like" more than once for gems like this!

Thank you for sharing all of this with us. :)

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
That's incredible! Congratulations!! I'm with Tom on the double click!

KenS

10 Year Member!
New York
Kingsley great job my friend!!!! All are beautiful animals!!