Two Blue Eyed and One Cockeyed

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Paige is cockeyed and has always been a special needs dog. her eye sight is terrible, she does have some vision, but as she gets older it gets worse. When she comes in from outside during the day it takes her awhile before she can see anything, coming from bright to dark. A couple months ago she ran into a part of the back steps that is made of brick, She knocked herself silly and I really thought she had broken her neck. In time she recovered, no broken neck but she walked funny for awhile. She became a family member in 2004. Her front feet are deformed and when she is on a leash she marches doing the goose step as proud as she can be.106_0586 copy.jpg 106_1462 copy.jpg 106_0559 copy.jpg 106_0517 copy 2.jpg Chester joined our family about a month before Paige. He has cataracts that is blurring his vision to the point that he sometimes runs into things, the chair legs in the kitchen have become his worst enemy. Taking this pic using the flash hid all the bluing on the brown, the eyes are blued over pretty good.Picture 052 copy.jpg The last one, Seven, was born with pretty blue eyes, her daddy had one blue eye. She became a family member 5 years ago. I named her Seven because she was our seventh dog at that time and I just thought it fit her perfectly. Picture 053 copy.jpg We are down to 5 dogs now, the other two, one is the smallest and the other is the largest, Rocket And Margret.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Does the Cherry eye ever go completely down on the first little cutie.....and a goose sure does look proud...what a great step to follow and lovely blue eyes..while recessive, still a pop to the appearance for sure...beautiful bunch there :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Poor things...I would worry that those bug eyes would be injured with all the bumping into things they do. Gotta give them so much credit for just barging along. Blind humans are very tentative until they get their confidence. I've always been a big fan of the smooshie-faced doggies.