Two books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
I'm not sure where to put this, so I'll start it in the General section, trusting that our Moderators will move it if there's a better place.

I recently finished 2 books: Life in a Shell, by Donald Jackson and Turtles of the Southeast (3 authors, the first one is Buhlmann).

Life in a Shell is very scientific, which should not have surprised me since it's "a physiologists view" of turtles. I got a few interesting things out of it, like cloacal bursae. But he mostly talks about his experiments, what they were investigating, what they did and what they found. Some of the experiments required that the turtles be euthanized and dissected to get the answers that were needed. If you like scholarly books I think this would be a good one, but I found it too dry and didn't even get half way through and will donate it to our town library.

Turtles of the Southeast is very useful for identifying turtles. I ended up skimming through it, but plan to keep it because of its usefulness in identifying wild turtles I may come across, or for purchased CB turtles that are native to the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.