TWO HEADED SULCATA BORN IN SLOVENIA !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADVANceNA

5 Year Member
hello to everyone and their little or huge tortoise children !! my name is brian and i have a story for you !! ive been on the forums for a while now and have a 7month old sulcata, einstein, and hes growing like a champ with a great smooth shell and high dome, but enough of me, heres a story of a two headed sullie born recently. Enjoy !! ssssooooo cool !!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...can-Spurred-Tortoise-discovered-Slovakia.html

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
thats awesome that you found this. but someone else posted the exact same thing on here, 5 mins prior than you... so this would be a duplicate thread...lol. sorry bud.

but your link is better i think. more info, more pics. so thanks so much for posting! :)

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Pretty cool I wonder what it's chances are of making it to adult size. It would be interesting to see what it looks like at 100 pounds.

S

Scooter

Its interesting that there looks to be two rows of vertebral scutes. Thought the plastron looks normal till it get to the humeral/gular scute area.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
How cool! I wonder if there are health issues that could develop as they get bigger? What would the lifespan be for this duo? So many questions! lol

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Hmm I wonder how it will grow and develop...what if they want to go in two different directions :p
It's a little sad! But thank you for sharing- very interesting!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
RE: Sulcata baby!!

Seven weeks, strong will to survive already.

B K

5 Year Member

Do they survive like that?

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Shelly said:
If that thing is a male, it will tear itself to bits when it becomes mature.

Yikes, that's a sad thought.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Some do. A lot depends on what there is or isn't under that shell and how well the two heads get along. It will obviously always face more then it's share of health problems. Because it's rare and an oddity, it will have a high dollar value, so with luck (not sure luck is the best word) it will get much better care you would assume then most tortoises. Generally however, life spans are much shorter then normal.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't understand...the article says they were born in Slovenia. Where did Slovakia come in?

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Nofx said:
Slovakia is NOT Slovenia. Go buy a globus.

What's a globus?

Shelly said:

Why would this thing "tear itself to bits" if it's a male when it matures? Are you insisting that one head would turn against the other? That's a pretty silly statement.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
TylerStewart said:
Nofx said:
Slovakia is NOT Slovenia. Go buy a globus.

What's a globus?

a globe...as the Northern Europeans would put it...but I'm sure you were just being funny, rught Tyler?

Shelly said:

Why would this thing "tear itself to bits" if it's a male when it matures? Are you insisting that one head would turn against the other? That's a pretty silly statement.

I don't think it's entirely out of the question, but I agree with Tyler that it's a pretty silly...er highly unlikely...yeah! that's it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.