Two little guys need a new home bad!

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
Just came across this ad in the dallas craigslist. These little guys are in Burleson and need a new home. Look at the deformities on the Sully. What on earth could cause that? I don't know that this person is not taking good care of them, but I do know they need to go to someone who will. I don't have the money or room to get them or I would drive down there tonight!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pet/4136285572.html

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aside from the fact they're being kept too dry, the shell deformities he's talking about are purely cosmetic. Irregular scutes are prized by some keepers, Jacqui and I included.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sounds like its a birth deformity the way it's worded. I say something attacked it or fell on it and crushed the shell in. Anyway, I sent them an email about them being housed together and the sully bullying the leopard if it has t started already and they should be sold separately if an offer is made.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You know, Jeff is delivering to Fort Worth...

tortoiselovergirl

5 Year Member
I really would that is such a horrible situation for them but can't drive and don't have anywhere near that amount of money.

tortoise5643

5 Year Member
I live in burleson. I could pick them up and keep them for someone until someone else can get them just not in a financial spot to by all supplies for even more torts

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
I'd help, and I'd pay for shipping on the Leopard to me. I have homes lined up here in Oregon.
Or I can give you a donation to help

tortoise5643

5 Year Member
I honestly am really into redfoots. I only have 1 sulcata and no leopards I could get them tomorrow and send them to you for the cost of shipping and torts

mushmouth26

5 Year Member
Texas
I've made a deal with them and will be picking them up on Sunday. My wife and I are excited!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Glad this got solved. My hubby will be glad to hear I am not spending more money to buy tortoises for him to get Sunday. :D That little sulcata did look neat.

mushmouth26

5 Year Member
Texas
Jacqui said:
Glad this got solved. My hubby will be glad to hear I am not spending more money to buy tortoises for him to get Sunday. :D That little sulcata did look neat.

I will post some good pics of them once I have them.

mushmouth26

5 Year Member
Texas
mushmouth26 said:
Jacqui said:

I have the tortoises.. Will post some pics soon.. Just trying to get them setup.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yeah, I was just going to say the ad was down. Just for quick reference, Toms threads on raising both are below in my post.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
mushmouth26 said:
mushmouth26 said:
Jacqui said:

I have the tortoises.. Will post some pics soon.. Just trying to get them setup.

YAY!

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Awesome!!!!!!! I'm so happy!

I just got contacted thru my website that a lady in CO needs to rehome her Russian and her RF ASAP. I asked if she's willing to ship....waiting for reply.

mushmouth26

5 Year Member
Texas
wellington said:
Yeah, I was just going to say the ad was down. Just for quick reference, Toms threads on raising both are below in my post.

Great Thanks. Ive been following Tom's post for awhile now. I already have a one sulcata.

Ok here are some pics. Im naming the Leopard Cheeto and we havent decided on a name for the Sulcata. The leopard has is about 10 months old and she only had the sulcata for about 4 months. It was given to her. She was told the Sulcata was 4 years old.

The leopard is pretty out going and not afraid. The sulcata is timid and seems pretty stressed. Both are eating well though. They have definetly been kept to dry. Pyramiding has begun on the leopard and you can see it bad on the sulcata. Im hoping the sulcata will calm down in a few days. he/she is pacing and constantly trying to get out.. The leopard is active but not really pacing like the sulcata.

If the sulcata is really 4 then he is way under sized.. I dont know how fast leopards typically grow but if its the same as sulcata's then its way under sized as well. My 5 month old sulcata is twice the size as the leopard.

IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0186.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Fantastic! I am so glad I posted this now. I really wish I could have gotten these guys but I just took on four new baby three toed boxies and just don't have the space. Keep us posted on how they do please.