Two Males and a Female

Status
Not open for further replies.

aka2tal

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
We have three Sulcatas in our backyard. See Attached Photo - Russell 14-15, Macy 13-14 and Lindy 9-10. Macy lays eggs 2-3 times a year. We always thought Lindy was a female, but we were mistaken. She is a He based on the recent show he gave us.

I have heard that 2 Males in the presence of a female can be dangerous. Being that Lindy has been with Russell and Macy for the last 5 -6 years, do we need to seperate Lindy from Russell or will they be okay to stay together?

We are saddened if we need to remove Lindy because the kids have become attached with the 3 tortoises.

Attachments

• 112411 Thanksgiving 2011.jpg
    112411 Thanksgiving 2011.jpg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 64

aka2tal

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
That is my concern, it will be a issue huh

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Usually mature males will try to kill each other. Usually a lone female with a mature male will get severely harassed, sometimes to the point of sickness or death. If these things are not happening at your place, well then, Hey! You are lucky. I agree that at some point it is very likely to become a problem, one way or another. Keep and eye out and have a plan "B" ready to go. Until then, enjoy the harmony you seem to have achieved. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.