Types of tortoise’s

Kagyuz

Location (City and/or State)
Annapolis
Hi I own a sulcata of 4 months and he is doing quite well. But i wanted to know about the other types of tortoise’s everyone else on the forum has. I hope to have a collection of tortoise’s one day and become a great breeder but i want to collect knowledge on each of the species on the forum. If you own any tortoise and have some knowledge, tips and normal habits. Please share!!!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Over the range of members here I can only think of one species no body has shown they have. Guess if you dare!
Angonoka tortoise?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Angonoka tortoise?

You'd think wouldn't you. But there is a member who posts in that sub forum that has second or maybe third generation captive bred, so no, no these guys. Many people have gopher tortoises, and a few have most of the Homopus (padloppers), even a few tent tortoise species, but maybe this is the deal.

I don't know of anyone anywhere that has said they have Geometric tortoises. I don't think they are in any zoo or public display any where in the world. Maybe?? I've heard of some in collection in Europe, but that is hearsay.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
You'd think wouldn't you. But there is a member who posts in that sub forum that has second or maybe third generation captive bred, so no, no these guys. Many people have gopher tortoises, and a few have most of the Homopus (padloppers), even a few tent tortoise species, but maybe this is the deal.

I don't know of anyone anywhere that has said they have Geometric tortoises. I don't think they are in any zoo or public display any where in the world. Maybe?? I've heard of some in collection in Europe, but that is hearsay.
Dang I figured a quick Google search for "worlds most rarest tortoise" would have yielded some good results :rolleyes: