Ugh :( (smoke inhalation?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckandAsh

5 Year Member
So today I discovered there was a fire in Odyss's "house". He stays in my garage, although he used to stay in my room. I feel terrible because since I recently had twins, my hands have been full & I haven't been paying any attention to Odyss. I do feed him everyday & make sure he has water & turn his lights on & Off, but I don't play with him like I used to. :( I hadn't been home for a few hours & have no idea how the fire started, but thank god Odyss is alright. I don't know how long the fire was going on, when I got home it was already out but the garage was awfully smoky. Is it possible to take him to a vet & have him checked out? I know it sounds silly but I'm scared he might have inhaled too much smoke. Ugh I'm so worried about the little big guy!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
RE: Ugh :(

When you say you don't know how the fire started? Did you determine the area burned? You will want to know this to assure it does not happen again...

How is your tort behaving?

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
AW: Ugh :(

Did you check the light fixture? Maybe it was too close to something.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using TortForum mobile app

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
RE: Ugh :(

Tortoises can hold their breath for a very long time, but it might be a good idea to take him to the vet to have him checked.

Most likely the light caused the fire. Is there any reason why the tortoise can't be set up outside in a safe and secure pen?

Status
Not open for further replies.