Underfloor heating???

Akikinorris

My husband has worked soooo hard on Norris's house. Just trying to ensure environment is right and he's thinking of putting in underfloor heating (with a cool side left) as back up fit the UK winter. Would this be ok for him?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Be sure it's on a thermastat so as not too get too hot and burn him. I plan on using under floor radiant heating like what is used for human houses.

Akikinorris

Yes this would be human underfloor, my husband is a gas engineer and it would be tiled on top. Can not burn, we have it in the house. Just wanted to check, it's great for raising general air temperature. Just want to ensure we can reach correct temperature when it's freezing cold x

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just be sure the tile you use over it is not too slippery for your tort too walk on. That would be bad for his feet and legs.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Sounds wonderful. I guess you could pick a rougher tile to make it easier for your tortoise to get around. Lucky tortoise.

Akikinorris

Thanks for all your advice. He's lived in kitchen on stone tiles since little and never had any problems. He still comes in and out via ramp at back door and is fine but we will consider when choosing x