underground reptiles good or bad

Merrick

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Im looking into buying a hermann's tortoise from them plz tell me if there animals are good

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
With all the great people on here why would you not start here ?

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If I remember correctly they are not ones you want to deal with. Are you the one looking for Hermannis in Florida? If so, look outside of Florida and have one shipped. We have a few members that breed them.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Under ground reptiles is a middle man . They buy from pet brokers and sell to you . They don't know anything about the history of the animal or care if it dies on you . But it's your money you can try if yoy want I wouldn't take the risk . But I only know of them by word of mouth .

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
If I remember correctly they are not ones you want to deal with. Are you the one looking for Hermannis in Florida? If so, look outside of Florida and have one shipped. We have a few members that breed them.
Yah but I kinda wanted one from florida so it is already use to the humid and hot wheather how about kamp kenan

tglazie

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, TX
Hermann's are adaptable, and there's nothing wrong with getting one shipped to you. Chris, Gary, or any of the other members who breed this species would be more than willing to help you out. I've gotten tortoises shipped from them, and the animals beyond comparison to anything purchased from a pet store or middle man dealer like Underground. Trust me, you won't regret ordering from them. Just follow their instructions about receiving, and you won't be steered wrong.

T.G.

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
Hermann's are adaptable, and there's nothing wrong with getting one shipped to you. Chris, Gary, or any of the other members who breed this species would be more than willing to help you out. I've gotten tortoises shipped from them, and the animals beyond comparison to anything purchased from a pet store or middle man dealer like Underground. Trust me, you won't regret ordering from them. Just follow their instructions about receiving, and you won't be steered wrong.

T.G.
Chris I mean

justino4444

5 Year Member
Yah but I kinda wanted one from florida so it is already use to the humid and hot wheather how about kamp kenan
Kamp kenan is probably a good reputable breeder, I have seen some of his YouTube videos and he seems to know what he's doing. I have not personally dealt with him but he seems like a good choice

~ Justin

tglazie

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, TX
$125 if I recall correctly. That's another thing. Guys like Chris and Gary will not only provide you with an animal that is superior in every way when compared to one purchased from some middle man animal dealer, but they beat the price, which is usually $150 or more. But this shouldn't be as important as the health of the animal, which I can tell you from experience will be excellent. Those guys know what they're doing and have a knowledge of these animals that surpasses that of most field scientists. They have literally seen it all when it comes to these critters and are always beyond helpful.

T.G.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've known Ryan Gittman, the owner of Underground since he had a tiny warehouse called "Box of Snakes"maybe 20-25 years ago. He's a really good guy. However, as stated previously, he is a broker. I've sold him baby Red footeds in the past and my wife sold him three litters of baby short tailed opossums. Etc. He has regular contacts with many of the sellers and does repeat business with most. Recently, I purchased my new baby R/F there. Ryan was not in. (He's regularly not there.) The R/Fs were housed on rabbit pellets and had actual dust on them! Not cool. However, his prices are very good and you can actually observe and handle and physically inspect your tortoise before buying one. There is also a big reptile show coming up in November at the War Memorial theater in Fort Lauderdale. Maybe a deal there?

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
I am actually going to that repticon if you are there I might see you

ahawashin

I just purchased my koopa troopa from underground reptiles he is a sulcata tortoise , and my friend bought 5 turtles from him from yellow bellied to red eared and my cousin got two pythons from them
Now as far as everything everybody wrote I agree underground is not a breeder and is a pet shop but as I see it his pets are a lot healthier and happier than the ones I saw at petsmart and petco
At least his babies are in a 20 gl tank no more than 4 at a time
The petsmart in my neighborhood in Coral Springs got 3 big tortoises in a 5gl tank
I just thought I would share this with you
It would be best to buy from a breeder that knows the off springs they have but to me it would cost almost double what I want to spend

Turtlepete

South Florida
I've gotten animals from them without knowing better over the years, I know others that have done the same….all ended up with a terribly started animal, kept under awful conditions. Iguanas covered in fungus….tortoises raised on rabbit pellets, snakes covered in mites, anorexic lizards….All sites you will see at their store location. All I've ever seen from them tells me they are not a company I ever want to deal with again. Their store location is a showcase of a mixture of terrible reptile care and total ignorance of the animal's care. Shame on people like that that give the animal trade a bad name.