Unexpected "over & above" story

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Several years ago, I decided that with all the different places my girlfriend Kerry and I go, most of them very spread out like the Vintage bike meet in Ohio...3 days long & 3 miles from one side to the other, or the Lake Fontana resort with 200 yard hills and miles of inter-roads to give a couple of examples....to build a set of scooters. I ride motorcycles, so a scooter is like a baby brother. Yes, that's how I wrap my head around it so it doesn't infringe on that all-important male ego<LOL>. Course that minor annoyance, emphysema made it a good decision too. I used to climb the Rockies, today hills suck<LOL>!

Anyway, I got a couple of new E300's, ripped everything out, motors, batteries and sprockets and rebuilt them with bigger everything to climb the steepest hills and do so all day long. They topped out around 15mph max, good enough for me. We have used these all this time, they have been to many states.....but all good things come to an end and I decided in my old-azz age, to "upgrade".

I bought two of these from the Distributor, not via Amaz.....for nearly 100 less than shown below, each, delivered! A great deal for what I got.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09539VBKD/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Great scooters but without the torque off the line as my old ones have but they do go well beyond a safe speed for those 10" tires...according to my phone, 32mph. They have a "limiting motor controller" that keeps you from getting all of the power when you twist the grip from a dead stop(negating the biggest advantage of elect over gas). Yes I'm whining cause I like wheelies, Kerry however, is thrilled they don't have full power off the line as she has witnessed God having to intervene on my behalf with countless "saves".

So anyway, I get the scooters and b/c we have them for the long haul, I break them down and remove the covers to check all the wiring, waterproof them, etc. I found that one of them had a battery that was 2amp hours LESS than advertised. I told Kerry that they had been so great to deal with that I would mention it knowing that I really wasn't going to make an issue out of it, but maybe they don't know.

I write and expect nothing but a polite reply.......boy was I wrong.....they immediately "owned it" and offered $50 bucks for a delta I had calculated to be worth 23 dollars! Not only that but they also offered 2 phone holders, 2 raincoats and 4 inner tubes, yes, INNER TUBES as a "settlement"! People who live in other countries often have very limited access to cash so goods or services are typically offered. It becomes their "way of doing it" even if they move somewhere else. Needless to say (but I will b/c I talk too much), I was a bit overwhelmed by their response and told them that it was much more than fair. They not only credited my 50 back but 3 more bucks for the TAX! That all happened several weeks ago.....today this arrived. Okay, neither of us is going to wear a pink raincoat, but they really did go over and above.....and the machines are awesome!

Sometimes, people just make us feel good.......in a wholesome way....kinda cool.

jeff

Attachments

• 224.png
    224.png
    17 MB · Views: 6

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yep. Some companies KNOW the power of the internet. One semi-disgruntled customer can kill off a lot of potential sales.

We ordered some exotic wood turning blanks from a company a few months back. 4 blocks in total i think. Three were perfect, but one had a big old nasty knot. This is a piece no wood turner would willingly select, let alone pay for. We called the company & they immediately credited back the cost of one of the blanks. ✅????