UNIVERSAL MONSTERS INVADE MY SON'S ROOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Well...missing the Reptile Show in Pomona (due to a pulled hamstring) allowed me to follow through on a promise to my 5 year old son!

My wife painted his room BLACK a coupla weeks back...basically, because I told him I would paint the Universal Monsters on his walls! Well! I did that today and he likes 'em (so I like 'em). Got the Frankenstein Monster on one wall...the Wolfman on the opposite wall and the Creature From The Black Lagoon reaching out over his headboard...went for 3 different styles...detail on the Wolfman...Shadow on The Monster and more of an abstract look to the Creature...took about an hour-and-a-half to do 'em all.

The Monster
99oya9.jpg

The Wolfman
359iauq.jpg

The Creature
wsr3me.jpg

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Nice and Scarrryyyy!! :D
You are very good!! I love the werewolf! Your son is very brave, at 29 years old, I could not sleep with a creature looking at me lol :D

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
I love it!!!! And I love the fact that it's the classic monsters.

chadk

10 Year Member!
I grew up as a big fan of those movies! But gotta say, most 5yr olds would not want to sleep in there!! But good for you for doing something a little different and creative. My boys room has a camping theme. I painted mountians, wild flowers, trees, camp fire area, etc. Then used some stamps to make bear foot prints and stamps of bears and other animals here and there. Blue skies with a few clouds as well. Their bedding is the same basic theme. Their light by there bed is a lantern. Oh, and then the glow in the dark stars on the ceiling :)

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Very macabre. I would expect his favorite holiday is Halloween? lol

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
wow...are you talented!! Those are great pictures and scary too! Did you copy from something? I raised 5 son's and I don't think any one of them could sleep in there when they were 5. Scary stuff!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Thanks one and all...The funny thing is he's been in there a week and has NEVER slept better!:D I suspect that when he hits his teens, I'll have to do slashers...Freddy, Jason and Michael Myers!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Are you an artist? Is this what you do for a living or just a hobby? I can't believe your 5 year old would sleep in there with that. My oldest still complains about how scared he was in his room when I put clowns in there. He is still afraid of them. :D

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Thanks again! The last time I picked up a paint brush was when I painted my 23-year-old's room...he was 6 and I did a wrap around of the T. Rex from Jurassic Park! I did a semester intern at Disney (in Burbank) when I was a junior in high school... but I saw how crazy it made some of these people and I just do it for fun...ironic because the picture I drew of Aladar for the T-shirt contest was the first time I've drawn anything in more than 5 years...probably longer. I have a coupla sketches I started recently, but I put them away...I've really got to be in the mood...which isn't all that often anymore.

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Oh I love classic monsters... My oldest daughter has the classics posters framed in her bedroom. Love them, better than anything they have now!!

Edit to add~ I love your work, especially your Frankie.. :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
The original Creature posters go for around $25,000 last I heard...I sold mine to a collector back in 1982 or 83 for $5000...wish I had kept that one.

EarthUponWater

5 Year Member
Now all you need are some model kits. I know just the guy to get monsters from too! Great job on them btw!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Hah! Had those, too! They came with 2 sets of heads and 2 sets of feet...one set glowed-in-the-dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.