Unwell tortoise (lethargic, not eating)

Lilyflowerbud

Location (City and/or State)
London
Marigold, my 18 month old Mediterranean tortoise, has become unwell. She was lethargic for about 10 days. She stopped eating on Monday and starting gasping for air. She had no discharge from eyes or nose or mouth. She was still moving about a bit. I took her to vet on Tuesday afternoon They did X-rays and prescribed an oral antibiotic. She has now had 4 doses of oral antibiotics and has stopped gasping- but she’s still not eating. She’s still lethargic. I don’t know if she has stopped gasping because she is too weak now or because she can breathe better. I can’t get another vet app till Wednesday ( today is Friday). I’ve been giving her daily warm soaks and offering temping food....any other bright ideas?

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
Can we see photos of the tort and enclosure and pls tell us about lighting, heat and humidity levels.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
Marigold, my 18 month old Mediterranean tortoise, has become unwell. She was lethargic for about 10 days. She stopped eating on Monday and starting gasping for air. She had no discharge from eyes or nose or mouth. She was still moving about a bit. I took her to vet on Tuesday afternoon They did X-rays and prescribed an oral antibiotic. She has now had 4 doses of oral antibiotics and has stopped gasping- but she’s still not eating. She’s still lethargic. I don’t know if she has stopped gasping because she is too weak now or because she can breathe better. I can’t get another vet app till Wednesday ( today is Friday). I’ve been giving her daily warm soaks and offering temping food....any other bright ideas?
What @Yossarian is saying.
We need all the factors we can factor out. What type of enclosure? How long do you keep lights on? What type of lighting and how strong are your lighting and basking for your 18-month-old med tort, younglings need higher humidity and more maintenance than fully grown adult tortoises.