Update on "Boulder", my Sulcata I'm Fostering

Hydro

Location (City and/or State)
Midlothian, IL
So the little guy (or gal) I took in a little while back is thriving, I'm sure thanks to the advice I've gotten here, so thank you everyone for the advice! I'm soaking him about as often as possible, keeping his "tank" (more like a bin) in the 60%+ humidity range and 80+ degrees with a 95-100 degree basking spot, and I built him a pretty darn big outdoor pen. Of course, as soon as I finished the outdoor part, I ran into someone who is willing to take him. Which is good news but I wish it had been before I spent a whole day building a pen! I work in a pet store (as I mentioned in my last post, that's how I was randomly handed a homeless Sulcata) and this lady came in with a wildlife rescue shirt. We started talking about her work with them, and I jokingly asked "so, do you take Sulcatas? Hahaha." Well, they do. Not only that, they do educational shows with their animals, including a full grown Sulcata. I did some research on the organization and it honestly seems perfect, and also learned the lady I talked to wasn't just a volunteer but the FOUNDER of the whole place! I feel like this was totally Kismet that I saved the little tort AND found him a home in the exact same spot. Along with this good news I'm posting a nice pic of him siting in his water dish eating his favorite thing, dandelion flowers (he did go in the dish on his own but I think it was just the shortest path to the tasty food) and a full shot of the pen I worked so hard on. Edit: I just noticed I took the pic before I straightened out the blocks, it looks a bit more even now.IMG_20180430_154623252.jpg IMG_20180430_155148516.jpg

Hydro

Location (City and/or State)
Midlothian, IL
Now you are all ready to get another tortoise!

Want me to send you one??? :)

I'm already planning to fill the space with a red tail boa that needs a home haha. I may get something that stays smaller someday though, maybe a Russian Tortoise, but I'm going to wait until I move somewhere warmer so it'll have more time outside.

Edit: The indoor space, obviously, I'm not going to put it in that outside one!