update on Hunters Play ground additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshRiess

5 Year Member
We went to the stores to get some more Cyprus Mulch for Hunter and added some Orchid Bark to help retain water and give him some extra bumps to climb you know work his legs.

and added some places for him to get out of the sun, shades if you will.

I also finally found some good organic soil from our local organic store, for the Sulcata food seed from sulcatafood.com site.

We got the summer mix, so we planted some of that too.
I'll take pics as it grows to give updates on the seeds growth and let you guys know how it works out for us .
We also found some Sphagnum Moss for his indoor enclosure and soaked it in some water a bit .

We also stuffed some in his sun hiding spots (what are they called) Humid Hides ? for the outdoor playground.
He did go to it immediately and start eating it.
I hope it OK for him to try it ? What do you guys think?
The bag says ideal for reptiles, so I figure it might be safe , just not sure as we have never used this before.

My daughter found a 3 brick pack of ECO EARTH compressed coconut fiber expandable substrate that needs to be soaked in a bucket for 20 min or so then taken out and spread around.
Has anybody of you guys used this stuff? and would it be OK to use in his "indoor environment house ?"
I hope we are not asking too many questions for you guys , we just want him to be healthy and happy !
JOSH

mikeh

5 Year Member
Its ok for him to try it, not eat large amounts of it.
Coco coir is good to hold humidity, bit messy. Packing it down will help, unless he digs:)

sent from mobile device using TFO app

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
JoshRiess said:
My daughter found a 3 brick pack of ECO EARTH compressed coconut fiber expandable substrate that needs to be soaked in a bucket for 20 min or so then taken out and spread around.
Has anybody of you guys used this stuff? and would it be OK to use in his "indoor environment house ?"

I used this coir when my my sulcata was young. At first it was messy and seemed to stain his skin. I just kept packing it back down and in a short while it stayed packed and firm. The stains went away. About every 6 months I would take it out and bake it to get rid of the visible and not so visible bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.