Update on my Horsfield Tort, Tyler.

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
What are your temperatures now? Warm and, cool and, asking area, nighttime temps? If the cool and is too cool you can always move the lamp over just a little bit. And you can provide a hide or deeper substrate for the tortoise dig into on the cool and Anna warm and if you want to. It looks like he's happy with the more room he has now. It's amazing how just removing one little piece can make such a big difference. I don't know why they sell those tables like that, you'd think they would figure out the tortoise doesn't usually like it. I'm sure some do, but mostly I've heard that they don't. Even if they made it half the size, for instance just one corner it would be more useful then closing off one entire end.

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
He's hiding in the corner because they like to do that, he wants to be hidden and he wants to be warm.

Dan Tennick

What are your temperatures now? Warm and, cool and, asking area, nighttime temps? If the cool and is too cool you can always move the lamp over just a little bit. And you can provide a hide or deeper substrate for the tortoise dig into on the cool and Anna warm and if you want to. It looks like he's happy with the more room he has now. It's amazing how just removing one little piece can make such a big difference. I don't know why they sell those tables like that, you'd think they would figure out the tortoise doesn't usually like it. I'm sure some do, but mostly I've heard that they don't. Even if they made it half the size, for instance just one corner it would be more useful then closing off one entire end.

The Temps are 33.2 Degrees on the basking side and the cool side it's 21.4 Degrees :)

Dan Tennick

He's hiding in the corner because they like to do that, he wants to be hidden and he wants to be warm.

I've seen a Cave I want for him by Exo Terra but it looks pretty big! Not sure if that would be ok because it defeats the purpose of taking the middle wall out for more space? :/ hmm...