update on my RF - Cheery

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtletania

5 Year Member
Well, i just went to give her the antis for the evening and she didn't put up a fight at all. She has really gone down hill this afternoon.

I thought i had done everything right. But I dont think she is going to make it. After more than 20 years with turts/torts it looks like I am not going to win this battle (i have not given up yet - and wont) but it isn't looking good.

I noticed a little bloating around her armpits too - which from another thread is a really bad sign. It is really sad to see her unwell.... i hate it!!!!!!!!

HarleyK

5 Year Member
What do you think happened? Was it shipped to you that way? We would all like to learn from your experience gluck.

turtletania

5 Year Member
It's been a rollercoaster but unfortunately Cherry just lost her battle. I went in just now to give her the antis again and found her completely lifeless. I am totally devestated and can't stop crying. She is the first in 20+ years I have lost as a baby.

When I got her she seemed completely fine, at least I thought that. She was eating and walking.... she slept a lot and always wanted to hide instead of being friendly.,,,, I just thought this was "being a baby".

She got weaker as the days passed and I decided to give her antibiotics on Sunday. I have continued until now... but no improvement and just deterioration.

I followed everyone's advice on set up... had the temps right/humidity right/substrate fine - read everything I could from redfoots.com and turtletary.

But now I wonder what else or could have done OR was it just that she was already a little sick when I got her and it just wasn't meant to be?

I will be letting the supplier know, but since I am in Asia, I am guessing it will be recieved with no effect.

Cherry will be buried this afternoon after my children are home from school and I have calmed down. (I want them to see as I believe in them experiencing and learning from it)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Sorry to hear

-JM

5 Year Member
I'm so sorry for your loss :(
It sounds like you did everything you could for her though.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
This is very sad, but I think you are doing the right thing with your children. You did everything possible to save this baby, but she must have been sick when you got her.

turtletania

5 Year Member
Can I just say thank you to everyone. This is such an amazing place for support/advice/comfort. I am so glad I found you wonderful people. (Sorry - a bit soppy - still very upset)

HarleyK

5 Year Member
I read the original post and it sounds and looks like you had a nice setup! I am thinking it was shipped to you sick.....I'd contact the breeder anyway possible! Sorry for the loss.....

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Aw so sorry to hear of your loss, tough time for sure.
I'm sure you did all that could have been done, sometimes these
little ones are so fragile.
Hugs going your way.

artemiss

5 Year Member
Sorry to hear that. I had a baby Leopard tort last summer who went through the same thing so I know what you went through. When he died I took 2 days off work, it was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.