Update on surprise Greek Tortoise eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

farber2028

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
I'll try to get some tonight. I'm not gonna candle the one that's about ready to hatch just because I don't want to disturb or scare him if he's a he. I'll do the other two although I'm fairly confident there's nothing in them. Otherwise the next pics will be when the baby pops out!

farber2028

5 Year Member
Iowa
Yeah buddy! Came home and this little dude is starting to pip! Too bad it want yesterday for my son's birthday. Still awesome though!

1374108941208.jpg

Sent from my XT881 using TortForum mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

blueturtle

10 Year Member!
SoCal
Yay how exciting! Hopefully 2 more pip too! :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TortForum mobile app

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Congrats!!

Hang on to that 'confusing' egg! Someone on the forum here recently posted about an egg/eggs that hatched 6 months late (9 months total incubation!). If it's not rotting, I say keep it going :) You never know!

farber2028

5 Year Member
Iowa
I know I really wish it would started yesterday but oh well. The other two will stay in there till they hatch or explode! I'll keep posting pics of the baby as I take them. I'm super stoked, I'm setting up the enclosure tonight. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
That is so nice,keep sending pics...we want to see every step

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

farber2028

5 Year Member
Iowa
SANDRA_MEISSNEST said:
That is so nice,keep sending pics...we want to see every step

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

I'll try to get as many as I can! There hasn't been any more progress yet tonight. Hopefully by the time I leave for work in the morning he'll be close to being out. I don't know exactly when during the day today he started poking out, it could literally be anywhere from 8 am to 7 pm. Hopefully he musters up enough courage before I've got to go to work because I won't be home until later in the night tomorrow. My fiancee is here during the day 90% of the time so if he does decide to explore the world, someone's here to care for him. I can't wait to see him.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Awesome! Thats amazing and very fortunate. Start reading now about hatchling care! It probably wont want to eat for a couple of days. Thats totally normal and just gives you a bit more time to get ready. Get an enclosure ready now as well so you have time to get its temps and humidity right. The hatchling cannot be in with the adult.

farber2028

5 Year Member
Iowa
Once he is out of the egg and his sac is absorbed, he is ready to go! I've got his home set up and just waiting for the little dude to say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.