Update: Our little Lily... BOY?!

Lilyloveslettuse

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Lily's mom here :) We recently moved Lily to my families farm outside of town. She has grown so much in the last couple years! It's truly amazing to watch. She has a large outside pen and a large inside pen. She really loves it here! She's a spoiled tort! :) She gets two meals a day here. Fresh vegetables daily! I have never fed her any of the processed tortoise foods. Occasionally, she gets a dandelion or two, like I said, she's a spoiled tort. I know fruits aren't supposed to be a part of a tortoise diet, but she loves them, so she'll get a apple or tomato every once in awhile.

This morning wasn't any different than usual. I took her out of the inside pen and put her in the outside pen along with a big salad :) She ate that all gone and soon she took her morning bathroom break. That usually means it's time for her bath. I put our little Lily girl in her tub and I began filling it up. I heard a big SPLOOSH... turns out she was still on her bathroom break. Then you'll never guess what happened... My little Lily girl FLASHED me! I've had her for several years and this is the first time she's ever flashed anybody!

Our little Lily BOY is very handsome... I'll include pictures :)FullSizeRender (7).jpg FullSizeRender (8).jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
LOL, I have a Lillie too, a leopard though. I haven't been flashed yet, but lots of signs are pointing to a Lillie Boy too. Soon Lillie will be called Billy if I remember and get that tell all sign of boyhood.
Congrats, it's a boy.

Lilyloveslettuse

5 Year Member
Oregon
Jessica's (and Lily's) Grandma here... :) We've had Lily 3 years and she/he was around 2 went we got him - so that makes him roughly 5 years old. How old are the males when they usually become mature? Lily was always on the small side but this spring he had a huge growth spurt and was 8 lbs in June and I wouldn't be surprised if he is 10 by winter at the rate he's been eating!!!! He is about 12 inches long. He definately knows him name and come's when called so he will remain our little "Lily". :) We had a cat years ago that we named Sally when she was a kitten. REALLY fluffy and you couldn't really tell what she was. Turned out when we took her to be spayed that Sally was a BOY!!! Even the vet had thought Sally was a girl when examining her and giving her the baby shots! Surprise!!! Sally she stayed though. :)

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Charlie was around the same age when he flashed. I had always decided he was a boy but it was still a huge surprise!

Rue

Canada
Congrats on your "new" boy! Lol. I shouldn't laugh but is funny.

I am calling Goosefoot a "she" too...until we ever find out otherwise. I figure we stand a 50% chance of being right.