Uploading photos on phone web browser

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Josh/Mods,

I noticed the other day the site was down for a bit. I forget what reasoning the prompt gave but it probably mentioned upgrading or fixing something.

I just noticed today that I'm no longer able to attach/upload photos in a post. Did that feature get removed during that down time?

I use the web browser on my android for TFO. If I wanted to reply to Mr.Bob's thread and attach a photo: I'd type my text in the quick reply box then select a small grey tab that said "upload a file". A black mini window popped up and I selected an image from my phone. It was uploaded and then I could insert it directly into the reply post as a full image.
All of that is gone.

Also, when viewing other threads/posts with attached photos I no longer see the small thumbnail as a picture preview. It now shows a thumbnail of what looks like a lined piece of paper.

Are these intentional changes or errors?

Thanks in advance for looking into it and sharing an answer.

(Oh! I just noticed as I'm about to hit the green "create thread" tab.. The grey "upload a file tab" is there! So apparently I see it when creating a thread but not when replying to anothers thread I guess..?..)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Ok that's lame....I decided to reply here and the upload tab is there. I'm going to test it...
2015-07-08_15.31.54.jpg

Ok...It worked. Whaaat?

I promise I wasn't making that up! I tried on 2 different threads to attach a photo and couldn't find it!

I'm going to go try on the other thread again....

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Ok..went to the other thread and the "upload a file tab" isn't there. Since it IS here, I'll upload a screen shot of what I see.

Screenshot_2015-08-19-12-16-57.png

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
The threads in the 'For Sale' section may have that option restricted (Adoptions is a subforum of For Sale). My test account does not have the upload button on any of the several threads I checked in that area. And this was on a desktop.