urates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesst

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I have had my Morla for about 3 weeks now and have only seen her have urates once a couple of days ago. They seemed normal in texture but I was wondering if she is going too long without passing them. She urinates quite frequently, especially when I pick her up to put her outside(she likes to pee on me :)) and has regular bowel movements....does this seem normal?

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Yes this is totally normal, the urates is basically waste that the body is disgarding!

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
Thank you for the reply. I know that the urates are normal, I was just wondering how often she should be passing them? I have had her for 3 weeks and only seen her pass them once.

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
dalano73 said:
I only see urates occasionally..

Thank you, I feel much better. I was starting to worry that I wasn't seeing them enough.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Not seeing them is a sign of her being well hydrated. I would be much more worried about her if she was passing them frequently.

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
Thank you so much, I feel much better now. I soak her almost every day and she will soak herself in her water bowl as well. I have read that urates are common, but the books never tell you how often you should be seeing them. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.