Urgent help plz. (repetative sneezing)

Ayushjain101

Location (City and/or State)
Kerla
My star tortoise have sneezed like 20 time in last mins. Nothing was happening but when I gave him some food he eating and after 5 mins he is sneezing and sneezing and some sticky saliva coming out from his mouth.

Please help.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I'm sure more knowledgeable folks will chime in shortly, but I'm betting they would advocate for a warm soak followed by a general warming of your tort's enclosure by 5-10 degrees ... it may resolve itself with 24-48 hours, but if it doesn't, or seems to worsen, then you may need to consult a vet.

Again, I'm a newbie, but that course of action is likely to help, and unlikely to worsen anything.

Good luck,

Jamie

Ayushjain101

Kerla
I'm sure more knowledgeable folks will chime in shortly, but I'm betting they would advocate for a warm soak followed by a general warming of your tort's enclosure by 5-10 degrees ... it may resolve itself with 24-48 hours, but if it doesn't, or seems to worsen, then you may need to consult a vet.

Again, I'm a newbie, but that course of action is likely to help, and unlikely to worsen anything.

Good luck,

Jamie
Problem is solved buddy.

I gave him a warm soak but nothing worked. I have him some lettuce to eat and I chopped it in small bites so he can eat it.

I think one of it got stucked in his neck and he was very uncomfortable.

Then I took a cucumber and created a small ball of its middle section as its watery and gave it to him and as he swallowed it he was fine.

Damn I was so scared off... [emoji28]