URGENT : I think my baby died...

Location (City and/or State)
Algeirs
Hey, guys. I posted a little time ago this post : She never ate, and she won't. Asking advice about my tortoise who wouldn't eat anything since I brought her home. Knowing I live in the third world and we have no technologies or means to provide things like UV lights and food supplements or whatever they're called.

Since yesterday, my tortoise didn't move. I thought she was sleeping cause she's been unactive lately. But when I got worried and picked her up, I became even more concerned.

She's not moving at all, no matter how I turn her or touch her face and arms. Her head is inside but her closed eyes seem shallow. She doesn't react at anything. Also, her shell is shockingly soft. It's like if I squish it she'd be flat. She was always a bit soft cause she's a baby, never this much. She's too soft. Like way too soft.

I'm so scared. I think she died... I put her in some warm-ish water and still got no reaction at all. It's been like 10 minutes? I'm so scared, please tell me what to do...

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hey, guys. I posted a little time ago this post : She never ate, and she won't. Asking advice about my tortoise who wouldn't eat anything since I brought her home. Knowing I live in the third world and we have no technologies or means to provide things like UV lights and food supplements or whatever they're called.

Since yesterday, my tortoise didn't move. I thought she was sleeping cause she's been unactive lately. But when I got worried and picked her up, I became even more concerned.

She's not moving at all, no matter how I turn her or touch her face and arms. Her head is inside but her closed eyes seem shallow. She doesn't react at anything. Also, her shell is shockingly soft. It's like if I squish it she'd be flat. She was always a bit soft cause she's a baby, never this much. She's too soft. Like way too soft.

I'm so scared. I think she died... I put her in some warm-ish water and still got no reaction at all. It's been like 10 minutes? I'm so scared, please tell me what to do...
Unfortunately, it does sound as though your tortoise has died. Sorry for your loss.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's not easy to bring them back when they were previously as unresponsive as your little guy was. You gave it your best shot. I'm sorry he didn't make it.

Algeirs
It's not easy to bring them back when they were previously as unresponsive as your little guy was. You gave it your best shot. I'm sorry he didn't make it.
Thank you... I really feel guilty. I'll need to wait a little more before I can bring myself to bury her.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
This is so sad.
After reading your previous posts, I was worried this would be the outcome without proper housing etc. but you did your best and obviously loved him so I'm very sorry for your loss.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I am so sorry about this. We understand how you feel. Thank you for caring and trying.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Sorry for your loss