*URGENT* Tortoise making squealing sounds and opening their mouth.

HorsefieldTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Hayle
What type of soil are you using in your enclosure? Most soils are contaminated with pesticides and other poisonous debris. I would place her on a towel to observe urination. She may be trying to pass a stone. Soaking and increasing the temps are required. Is she eating?
I don't exactly know what soil as we are just using the one that we get from the pet store. I will look into maybe buying a different one

Melissacoop

Pembroke Pines, FL
Please keep in the back of your mind that all vets don't do right by tortoises. They should get an xray ro rule out a blockage. Did you make the changes to her enclosure as far as raising the heat? Please follow the advice given on this forum and come back and tell us how the visit went. ;)

TaylorTortoise

Abington
You need to replace your enclosure with something more enclosed and a lot brighter. there needs to be a light for UBV and a heating light if the UBV does not already contain heating.

try getting some kind of screen to go on top of the enclosure to at least hold in some humidity for your guy. I would recommend getting a humidity and temp gauge to stick in there so you know the humidity and temp at all times.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
You need to replace your enclosure with something more enclosed and a lot brighter. there needs to be a light for UBV and a heating light if the UBV does not already contain heating.

try getting some kind of screen to go on top of the enclosure to at least hold in some humidity for your guy. I would recommend getting a humidity and temp gauge to stick in there so you know the humidity and temp at all times.
A humid hide works well too!