URI

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindy

10 Year Member!
good evening,
I was just wondering if anyone knows what else to do with a tortoise that has upper repitory infection? she has been taken to the vet and i have 6 shots of baytril to give her. Im on the 5th one and she seems to be getting worse. I have the heating in the 90s and she does move off the heat when she gets hot but thats about it. I give her a bath for 5 minutes she wakes up but if i give her a bath any longer then she goes back to sleep. she is weezing and blowing bubbles now, wed when i took her in she was slightly gasping for air on occasion but that was it now she shows all of the signs. Is this a good thing? does that mean i might of cought it in time? I was going to call the vet tomorrow and tell him that she is getting worse. but i dont think he can do much more. I had to sell my chicken coop and chickens to pay for her vet fees, im really low on money now. but I was hoping there was something else i can do for her. Also the other tortoise that was with her is now showing sighns of what she did on wed. i separted him from the group but havent started him on anything, should I? he is eating like a pic, he just hisses for no reason like the other one started doing when she got it.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
I've PM'd you my thoughts, but it's a good idea to go back to the vets. Her symptoms should be getting less while on the antibiotics and not worse.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.