Urination

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaSFA

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hey guys. I am a bit concerned about my torts urination. He is a 6 month old Leopard Tort.

I had read on another forum some post about someone's tort urinating white stuff. I replied and said that my tort has never passed anything like this. Then, everyone told me that it was normal...and that most torts do pass this white stuff.

I am worried about my tort, Chuga. Is it ok that he does not do this? I was just soaking him and picked him up to clean his shell and he started urinating and it was clear as clear could be.

Is there something wrong with him? Should his pee be clear or white?

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Coventry, England
Hey anna, and Dinkanber =] nothing to worry about honestly.

My old tortoise tobs NEVER EVER passed white stuff, nor did he poop normally, he pooped out orange! lol but he was fine.

Jerry (RIP) never did it nor peewee (RIP).

Looi rarely does it but diasy does it often.

=] all torts are different

AnnaSFA

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks guys. I feel better now. I have been worried about it.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
My one Russian only spits out the white stuff (forgot technical name). The way I was told is Torts spit the white stuff when they are not around water, it keeps them from getting dehydrated and allows them to remove waste. Good Question, one I always ponder myself.

B

Bansh88

My Sulcatas are the only ones that have the noticeable white discharge. They do it every other week or so it seems. Otherwise, just big ol clear ****'s.
As long as they appear healthy, they are.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thank you dinkanber, I could not remember the name.

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
My tortoise (Humpfree) pee is white.I wonder whats the diffrence between the white pee and clear pee?

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
I just noticed hes pee is also clear.He dose this weird thing when he pees he bends forward makeing his head face the ground and the makes his tail go strate down the relises it all.

transtort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Rees2 said:
My tortoise (Humpfree) pee is white.I wonder whats the diffrence between the white pee and clear pee?

Hi,

The 'white stuff',urates,is perfectly normal to pass.If it is of gooey texture,abit like uncooked egg white,then this is fine.The time to be concerned is if it is of gritty texture.This is then a sign of your tort needing more fluids.This can be improved with regular bathing.Solidified urates is not what you need.
Some torts,if well hydrated,do not always pass urates,but this doesnt mean to stop bathing.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.