Urine blood

Tabby0318

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
England
Hi all

A couple of weeks ago Tabby had blood in her urine for 2 days, but it went back to normal on the 3rd day and has been clear since.

I already had her booked in for a vet appointment last week for an xray to check if she was still carrying eggs, which came back clear. Although there were a tiny amount of what looks like small gravel stones.
I told the vet about the urine and she said as it has been normal since she won't give her anything, but to call back if it changes as they can get UTI's.

I have been home for lunch today and her wee is quite dark again, not sure if there was any blood as it has dried but looks pinky dark brown.

She is active and eating well. She has been out in the garden for 2 weeks and I do remove any weeds she shouldn't have or I am not sure of. Her diet hasn't changed, mainly ribwort, a few dandelions, mimulas, campanula, she nibbles on the bindweed and bramble leaves and has romaine lettuce and a bit of kale to top up when needed. But nothing that would cause the pinky red colour.

She is a mediterranean spur thigh.

Could this be a sign of a uti?
Would blood tests or a urine sample (if possible) be able to confirm?
Could there be anything other than a uti?

Thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I believe what you might be seeing if the result of eating dandelion. If my memory serves me correctly, dandelion can turn the pee pinkish/reddish.
@Yvonne G can confirm.

Tabby0318

5 Year Member
England
I believe what you might be seeing if the result of eating dandelion. If my memory serves me correctly, dandelion can turn the pee pinkish/reddish.
@Yvonne G can confirm.
She has only had a few leaves in the past week as they are nearly all gone. It was definitely blood the first time.