USPS strike??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Does anyone know if there is a US Postal Service strike? Someone was telling me there was, and I couldn't find anything online about it.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
We got mail today, so unless they got some experienced back up workers I will have to say no strike for the USPS

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have not heard of anything and I got mail, so I would say no. Besides do we really need another reason for mail to go even slower?

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Well I was thinking maybe they meant a section of the USPS? Like... I do not... the international team/dept., etc.? Because I got mail too (although just crappy ads), but i've been waiting for an international package, and the person who sent it told me that our mail service had a strike. They must be wrong though.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Well darn... then either the mail got lost or its on a world tour before it arrives

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
DoctorCosmonaut said:
Well I was thinking maybe they meant a section of the USPS? Like... I do not... the international team/dept., etc.? Because I got mail too (although just crappy ads), but i've been waiting for an international package, and the person who sent it told me that our mail service had a strike. They must be wrong though.

Could be something thats happening overseas. I know Canada almost had a mail strike but it was cancelled and never happened..

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
does mail usually got direct from one country to another, or does it go through many?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
It depends. Sometimes it takes less than a week and other times it can be 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.