UV bulb/Light queries (Where to buy in India?)

star-tortoise

5 Year Member
  • which shop can i buy a uvbulb? i.e hardware shop, electrical aplliances etc?
  • Where can i buy it from in mumbai,India?
  • Are there any specifications i should look for i.e size, watt etc?
  • Are they available battery operated (no plug required)?
  • cost?

pls pls pls help as im hunting for it desperately.....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I buy my bulbs on Amazon.com, but I buy the fixture at a hardware store like Home Depot or Lowe's. I'm not familiar with stores in India, but we have many members here who live in Indea.

I never buy bigger than 100 watt, and they aren't battery operated - they require electricity.

On Amazon I usually pay about $40 for the bulb, and the fixture at a hardware store is usually under $10. I don't know how to convert that you your money.

star-tortoise

5 Year Member
I buy my bulbs on Amazon.com, but I buy the fixture at a hardware store like Home Depot or Lowe's. I'm not familiar with stores in India, but we have many members here who live in Indea.

I never buy bigger than 100 watt, and they aren't battery operated - they require electricity.

On Amazon I usually pay about $40 for the bulb, and the fixture at a hardware store is usually under $10. I don't know how to convert that you your money.
Thanks!

Neone from mumbai?

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, MB
If you're in Mumbai and your torts have access to outdoor enclosure, you don't need UVB lighting. Your tort should be fine, as long as you allow them outside.

May, Aussies, & Hermannis
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES