uv!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bansh88

Larigh said:
He usually gets outside when the temp is around 90 or so. (I am in San Diego, Ca) The guys at the shop that I got him told me that is the best.

We're almost neighbors!
If you can, build him an outdoor enclosure. The weather around here is fine for them year round. Except for the occasional freezes, my guys stay outside permanently with the help of a heat light in winter.

malonemadness

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Bansh88 said:
Larigh said:
He usually gets outside when the temp is around 90 or so. (I am in San Diego, Ca) The guys at the shop that I got him told me that is the best.

We're almost neighbors!
If you can, build him an outdoor enclosure. The weather around here is fine for them year round. Except for the occasional freezes, my guys stay outside permanently with the help of a heat light in winter.

Can you tell me what kind of heat light you have outside? I am looking for one but do not know what brand is safe outside.

B

Bansh88

Any bulb is suitable. Just make sure it's well covered. Rain on a hot bulb make it bust apart.
For mild nights, I use cheapo Black bulbs from WalMart. Once it gets down in Temp, I use the ZooMed (or whatevers availbale) 100 watt inside a Dogloo. I think they have a 120/150 too.

malonemadness

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Bansh88 said:
Any bulb is suitable. Just make sure it's well covered. Rain on a hot bulb make it bust apart.
For mild nights, I use cheapo Black bulbs from WalMart. Once it gets down in Temp, I use the ZooMed (or whatevers availbale) 100 watt inside a Dogloo. I think they have a 120/150 too.

Thank you for the info. I don't need it yet..... only 100* outside today but in a few months the nights will get colder. Want to make sure I am ready!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.