UVB light for Exo Terra Glass top?

mikeandshellie

Location (City and/or State)
Franklinton, LA
I recently bought an Exo Terra 40 low with the doors on the front. I have taken the wire out of the lid and replacing with glass or plexi soon. My problem is with the UVB light. I have a strip light that I could sit on the top and cut the glass where there is no glass between the light and the tortoise but the light will not sit flat on the lid because of the plastic frame structures in the middle. Does anyone have any experience with this? Maybe there is a UVB tube light that could be attached to the underside of the glass with suctions cups? Any help would be appreciated.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Aquarium silicone glue would attach the plastic fixture to the glass top.
But it would take 24 hours to dry to get full strength.
You just know that at the worst moment possible the suction cups will fail!
They always do.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you mount the light fixture with silicone to the UNDERSIDE of the glass or plexi, what is the distance of the light from the top of the tortoise's shell? If it's 12" or better that's ok.

mikeandshellie

Franklinton, LA
I'm looking for a light to mount inside the tank, under the glass unless I can figure out a way to make a cutout in the lid for the light strip I have. My problem is that the UVB will not permeate through glass/plexiglass used to make the lid. I don't have a light to mount inside right now, the one I have is way to big. Thanks