uvb light for my greek tortoise

NicoDx

Location (City and/or State)
Middle East
hey guys, i have a 20 year old greek tortoise (spent about 19 years with me), i had to move recently to a different apartment and now he is missing a place to bask, after reading for a while i discovered that i might need to compensate for it with using uvb light and heating bulb, but i have no idea what to look for.

his enclosure is about 30" wide and 70" long

the light the person in the pet store recommended for me is a reptile uvb150 25w by exo terra,
will it be good enough?

Thank you!

xMario

Germany
hey guys, i have a 20 year old greek tortoise (spent about 19 years with me), i had to move recently to a different apartment and now he is missing a place to bask, after reading for a while i discovered that i might need to compensate for it with using uvb light and heating bulb, but i have no idea what to look for.

his enclosure is about 30" wide and 70" long

the light the person in the pet store recommended for me is a reptile uvb150 25w by exo terra,
will it be good enough?

Thank you!
Don't buy that bulb!
Get a High output T5 tube I recommend 12% desert from Arcadia for uvb
And an extra bulb for heat the watt u need will depend on ur room temperature and how far away u mount the bulb

NicoDx

Middle East
hi thanks for the quick reply, i was trying to find one of those near my area and all i found are compact bulbs,
most of the pet stores i visited offered me the uvb100 - uvb150 and repti glo 10.0 and said it is fine for them and that the new gen doesnt cause eye damage
in turtle/tortoises.

i will try to keep looking for it, but would like to hear more opinions/alternatives

Wolfpackin

Colorado
i will try to keep looking for it, but would like to hear more opinions/alternatives

You could also try finding the Zoomed Reptisun T5 10.0.
It's a good tube bulb with great UVB output at the correct distance.