Vacation feeding question #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlewurx

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nacogdoches, TX
An addition to me previous question:

As I mentioned, I'm going on vacation for a week next year, & will have to leave my yearling-ish Sullies alone in their table. I was wanting to add a few cheap potted type plants that they could gnaw on while I'm gone. What would be my most cost effective/readily available choices at the local nursery? (i.e., I'm not going to find potted turnip greens, etc.)

Thanks again everyone! This forum has been a wealth of suggestions and advice!

Regards,

JD Scott

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
depends on time of year... you can start your own veggies.. squash, pumpkin, lettuce. or palnt pansies, petunias, cactus..
SOme people plant the potted ones directly in the tort enclosure.. other repot and change the soil as there are fertilizers in the store bought stuff, you might not want your tort exposed too.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
1 week is easy to maintain for the torts.

Cactus pads are easy food and also good source for water. They don't need to be planted. I will always leave some hay there. They can always eat it if they wish.

Of course you can always plant anything that you wish for your torts as well for variation :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I was going to suggest the cactus too. I would also plant some items before hand to put in there for a variety, even though it may not last as long as the cactus, more so,because your torts will gobble it up faster. However, it's always best if you can get someone to come and check on them every other day at least. Never know when something will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.