Vacation feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlewurx

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nacogdoches, TX
I've got 4 baby-ish Sullies (They're about 9 or 10 months old) in a 4'x4' table (They're still too small to be left outside.) I'm going on vacation for about a week in March, and have yet been able to find anyone to look after them while I'm gone. I was considering removing their substrate, & replacing it with hay for the days that I'm gone. They probably won't LIKE it much, but at least they'd have plenty of food until I got back.

So, my question is: Would this be okay for them? Is there some problem or issue I'm unaware of that would make this a bad idea (Other than the fact they'd miss a few days of their leafy greens & daily soaks.)

Thanks!

JD

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
They can go the week without you easily. I like to top off the food and water and place some living plants in there to let them pick from while I am away. Some people like to turn off the CHEs and other things for safety reasons, which should be okay if the ambient temperature is reasonable. People manage this a number of different ways, many of which work just fine. I currently have someone at my home while I am in the jungle and my retired neighbors are also keeping an eye out for trouble, but the most my house-sitter is allowed/instructed/supposed to do is throw some big pieces of food to the adults and dump pre-portioned amounts of food to the juveniles, but he does not actually want to deal with them and I prefer it that way because the only times I have suffered major losses have been when well-meaning folks attempted to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.