Valentine's Day Plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
what are your plans for your sweetheart this year?
me and mine will be sharing a romantic dinner alone at home which is a rarity. i'm looking forward to cooking for her and having some time to ourselves.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
josh said:
what are your plans for your sweetheart this year?
me and mine will be sharing a romantic dinner alone at home which is a rarity. i'm looking forward to cooking for her and having some time to ourselves.

Hey we want details here! What are you planning on cooking? Is this a totally romantic type evening with all the trimmings (candles, flowers, good dishes, soft music, ect..,)?

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i can't reveal too much because she peruses the site periodically :)
i'm on a bit of a budget but i mean to do all i can to make it special for both of us.
tell ya what, jacqui, on friday i'll give you all the details and a rundown of how well received it was.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
When is it??!! Not much around here!
I recall back in Highschool, my then, boyfriend gave me a red legged Tarantula for Valentines day! Probably cause my parents didnt allow him to get me a puppy..HA! Actually.. it was one of the coolest gifts.. and different!
Rosey was her name. Had her about 5 years. watching her shed was amazing.. one day she just wasnt moving anymore..

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
We will be watching survivor!!!! LOL Nothing romantic here! Maybe one of these days we will get mushy again.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Dee, I'd take Patient over mushy any day. Mine was neither. So now it’s just me and my animals. :) We are having rose petals for valentines day. All the Torts go their greens with red rose petals in them and my lunch will be a salad with red rose petals also. Dogs unfortunately don't seem to be to enthusiastic about that but they got a big juicy bone. :p

HAPPY VALANTINES DAY EVERYONE !!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Yes Robyn, patient is good!!!!!

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
well, the night went beautifully. i got her some hydrangeas and when i got home she had the table set all romantically. she made an awesome french onion soup and i made steaks with blue cheese and onions, asparagus, and baked potatoes. it was a fun, low-key night.

A

Amy

I had a similar evening Josh... My hunny made me dinner and afterwards we watched TV. He held my hand the whole evening (which is rare) and was very romantic. Overall I'd say it was one of my favorite Valentine's Days. :)
Now I'm looking forward to spending the 3-day weekend with friends and fam having fun!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Wow Josh that sounds yummy!

Nothing real romantic here. We were home for several days earlier and did get to take three of my kids out for meals and give them their gifts. He gave me a much better gift of spending a large chunk of his at home time making me new screen tops for a couple of enclosures and general setting up two new enclosures...that's after he bought me the new lights, bedding, stock tanks, ect..,

For the actual day our romantic meal was soup and salad buffet at a truck stop. :D He was upset because none of the ones we stopped at had flowers available. Instead of candy, he opted out for chocolate covered donuts for breakfast...lol. My real gift won't be coming for awhile yet, he's buying me two of Yvonne's leopard hatchlings.

A

Amy

aw jacqui he sounds sweet! any guy that helps you out with stuff that you love to do is great. I love the chocolate covered donuts in lieu of a box of chocolates!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Amy said:
aw jacqui he sounds sweet! any guy that helps you out with stuff that you love to do is great. I love the chocolate covered donuts in lieu of a box of chocolates!

If he were a book, he would be the kind you really need to read to the end. His cover is bent and damaged (as in he lacks on looks...except for the wonderful eyes that never stop twinkling with laughter). The first chapter is sorta sketchy, torn and lacking detail (his youth wasn't so hot and he made lots of bad choices as a teenager). His life and personality slowly, almost shyly, comes out as the story unfolds. It's filled with twists, turns, and unexpected surprises (like he is a truck driver, which I realize I was prejudiced and judgmental, but I never thought of drivers as real smart folks....I guess more brawn then brains. He however is very smart, very well read and constantly wanting to learn more.) He's a book which I never want to put down nor to read the last page.

Yes Amy he is very sweet. He has the same wicked sense of humor I do. Best part is, some how he actually stands being with me.:rolleyes:

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I love reading your words Jacqui!!!! And lucky you getting 2 new babies!

A

Amy

Jacqui said:
Amy said:

If he were a book, he would be the kind you really need to read to the end. His cover is bent and damaged (as in he lacks on looks...except for the wonderful eyes that never stop twinkling with laughter). The first chapter is sorta sketchy, torn and lacking detail (his youth wasn't so hot and he made lots of bad choices as a teenager). His life and personality slowly, almost shyly, comes out as the story unfolds. It's filled with twists, turns, and unexpected surprises (like he is a truck driver, which I realize I was prejudiced and judgmental, but I never thought of drivers as real smart folks....I guess more brawn then brains. He however is very smart, very well read and constantly wanting to learn more.) He's a book which I never want to put down nor to read the last page.

Yes Amy he is very sweet. He has the same wicked sense of humor I do. Best part is, some how he actually stands being with me.:rolleyes:

Very well put! :) I think a lot of men are like stories, some mysteries, some romance, some horror!

Status
Not open for further replies.