Variety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarissaRelf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
I think the variety I give fluffy is decent but I want opinions. I think she may be getting too much oxalates because her urine is orangish every other time she uses the bathroom. She has Sedge in her enclosure 24/7 and she get's fed spring mix with probably about 10 percent romaine added (I have not taken the spinach out because I've read mixed opinions on that, advice?) She also get's rose (petals and leaves), spider plant, dandelion, and kale on occasion mixed in with her spring mix. I feed her whatever mix I decide to use that day (with or without the extras I mentioned) once a day, the amount of her shell size (would also like advice on if I'm doing this right.) I am planning on ordering mazuri soon. Any and all advice/constructive criticism welcome. Thank you :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Oxalates don't affect urine color, diet can sometimes tinge the urine color.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Add as much different stuff as you ca find. I would use less romaine personally. I use spring mix every other week. My Leo grazes outside in a greenhouse when ever there is sun. Grasses, weeds, and I throw out a handful of whatever greens I have on hand. Dandelion, endive, kale, spring mix, mustard, bok choy, etc. I try not to feed the same thing two weeks in a row.

MarissaRelf

5 Year Member
Oregon
She won't eat grass, Not from the ground or picked. But she does nibble on the hay I have in her enclosure for her to burrow in.

Status
Not open for further replies.