Venezuelan size

kelii

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I'm just wondering how big the average female Venezuelan red foots get?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I'm just wondering how big the average female Venezuelan red foots get?
About 12" to 14" on average I THINK. I don't know what the far extreme sizes are. I'd guess 10" and 16".

@cdmay will know for defo.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Venezuelan types don't seem to get as nearly
Large from my dealings with them as Suriname/Guyana type. My two that I raised form WC parents are right at 12" and 14 years old now. Compared to the 14&15" male Guyana and suriname and same result from two Guyana females raised same as Venezuelan. 14 years old and 13-14". Of course these were kept in captive conditions though. That's not to say in the wild they obtain a much larger size. But as far I speculate from seeing numerous groups of imports Venezuelans too stay smaller. They're shape is a bit different too. The males don't wasteband or hourglass as pronounced either.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
And how do you tell which type you have?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Venezuelan types don't seem to get as nearly
Large from my dealings with them as Suriname/Guyana type. My two that I raised form WC parents are right at 12" and 14 years old now. Compared to the 14&15" male Guyana and suriname and same result from two Guyana females raised same as Venezuelan. 14 years old and 13-14". Of course these were kept in captive conditions though. That's not to say in the wild they obtain a much larger size. But as far I speculate from seeing numerous groups of imports Venezuelans too stay smaller. They're shape is a bit different too. The males don't wasteband or hourglass as pronounced either.
Do you recall what size the WC Venezuelan parents were/are?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
How do I know if mine is venezuelan? Or anything else for that matter?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I don't even know what the differences are. Size, markings, colors? Most look the same to me.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
I don't even know what the differences are. Size, markings, colors? Most look the same to me.

very subtle differences some locals waist band other's dont sometimes it can be the color to it's hard to really pin point the differences unless they're noticeable

what i mean by color is some local's maybe known for being more orange or orangeish yellow while other's are red etc i can't tell you for certain which color means what local and that's not always the rule but yeah

kelii

5 Year Member
Georgia
My Venezuelan had a chocolate brown she'll as a hatchling. I'm not sure if they all do, though.