VENTING!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
This may not be considered off topic as it is tortoise related but I'm really just needing to vent about the service I've encountered.

I have looked at different options for a new enclosure for my russian tortoise. My brother was going to build me one but he was taking forever so I told him to forget it & went with someone else. My fiance used to work at the local plastics factory & talked to his friend who still works there. He said he could build a box no problem, would only take a few days. I met with him to place my order MARCH 27th!!! Apparantly a guy in the shop got hurt and they wre short handed, got behind whatever, that's what I was told. So after several weeks of calling & it not getting done they finally called today & said it was ready except for the lid and he needed to talk to me about it to be sure he knew what I wanted. So I went in to meet with him, excited that the box was done.

When I got there the box he showed me was clear. . . I ordered a BLUE box. If I wanted a clear box I would've gone & bought a damn glass enclosure!!!!!! So he says he can "put a film on it so she can't see her reflection or see out" But it's not what I f$%@ing ordered back in MARCH! GRRRRRR!!!! Also they are going to have to reinforce the sides & the bottom of the box to support the weight of her substrate so guess what? IT'S NOT DONE! Oh my goodness I was so livid I could hardly see straight. I'm a patient person, I know things happen & you get behind. I try to be a good customer & treat others the way I want to be treated. But they got behind AND did it wrong! I've never been treated this way as a customer before. I'm paying full price by the way, it's not like they are using scrap stuff to do this for me. I'm paying just like everybody else.

On the upside we have a new girl at work who's husband is very crafty, he said he has the tools needed & wouldn't mind getting a box together for my tortoise. I'm taking him the measurements tomorrow so we can hopefully get this new box done. Third times a charm right? Thanks for listening TFO :)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I get upset at that kinda crap also! Lets hope that new box is perfect!

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
I can understand where you're coming from and you have the right to be angry! It was like that time when I got rear ended in my car.... took my car to the dealership to get repaired... all it needed was a painted back bumper. I drive it home thinking all is well and then I notice my wheel was curbed I was like what the heck... so they fix one thing and broke another so I went back and I also noticed my FRONT bumper was also curbed or scratched. I was like umm.. yeah what is this. The manager shook his head and was like ok we'll take care of this. He was like yeah when the guy backed the car out he hit the lift which is where the yellow paint mark is from (blue car). I was like ... nice.... But what can ya do :(
On a side note, two days ago when I went to Target to get some supplies for the house.... when I come back out to drive home I saw a shopping car right next to my car... well someone's shopping car hit my car and dented it. GRRAR I was filled with rage. I hate people that are so careless with shopping carts and opening their doors INTO other cars... sorry I guess I had to vent too haha :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sandy:

Just calm down! You, as the paying customer, are in the driver's seat. Just tell them that what they have offered you is not what you ordered and you are not going to accept or pay for it. Then go with the husband of your co-worker. You are completely within your rights to not pay for the unwanted item.

Be sure to shoot us some pictures when you finally get your new turtle habitat.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
Thanks for letting me vent :) I called them this morning and politely let them know that I was not happy with what they had done as it wasn't what I ordered & I canceled my order with them. I will definately post pics when her new habitat is here. Hopefully it won't be such a mess! Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.