Vertical maze for my tort [pics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EKLC

5 Year Member
Captain Flatbeard was too happy sleeping under one of his rocks, so I made an activity center for him. It's like a spiral staircase with 4 levels. Still in progress, so looks a bit rough, but he seems to like it.
Animals2012012.jpg

Animals2012003.jpg

Animals2012020.jpg

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
LOL it's perfect for their flat shells, they can go through it nicely.

Good job :D

EKLC

5 Year Member
Thanks guys, he enjoys the bottom and most hidden of layers. The middle is wide enough for him to fit through, and he actually has made a couple of stage dives off the highest level to get a face full of coir. He likes a good fall now and again

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
EKLC said:
he actually has made a couple of stage dives off the highest level to get a face full of coir. He likes a good fall now and again

Is it possible for Pancakes to flip themselves over? :p Look's like he want to be a sky diver like me :D

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I love seeing creative ideas like this that provide stimulating environments for our pet tortoises! Great idea, thanks for sharing.

EKLC

5 Year Member
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
EKLC said:
he actually has made a couple of stage dives off the highest level to get a face full of coir. He likes a good fall now and again

Is it possible for Pancakes to flip themselves over? :p Look's like he want to be a sky diver like me :D

Since they're so flat they can reach the ground with those long limbs, and I'd say have a leg up on other species for flipping over.

My tort does a lot of acrobatics
temp-320-83311762.gif

and usually can stick an arm out so he's not on his back in the first place. Only time I've ever seen him stuck was when he got wedged between the wall and a rock
PB090127.jpg

which I prevented with some stones in that gap

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
EKLC said:
Since they're so flat they can reach the ground with those long limbs, and I'd say have a leg up on other species for flipping over.

My tort does a lot of acrobatics

and usually can stick an arm out so he's not on his back in the first place. Only time I've ever seen him stuck was when he got wedged between the wall and a rock

which I prevented with some stones in that gap

ROFL!!!!!! XD

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
good idea, i'm sure your tort will enjoy it !!!
Very nice looking :D
He looks great !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.