Very elongated Redfoot eggs, AGAIN !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern part of Sweden
This is nearly a flashback, only difference is that this time she laid her second clutch out in the brand new RF outdoor enclosure late yesterday in the sunny warm evening here in Sweden...

The digging took her nearly two hours before she was satisfied enough to let go of the eggs.

Five eggs this time again, all of them having the same elongated shape as nearly two months ago, weight was the same around 43-45 grams each.

This was a magic evening, giving me the payback for all the work I've been doing with their new outdoor enclosure.

First egg on its way out
Mimmi_Second_Clutch_2011_1.JPG

Two eggs done
Mimmi_Second_Clutch_2011_2.JPG

All five eggs
Mimmi_Second_Clutch_2011_3.JPG

Adjusting the eggs
Mimmi_Second_Clutch_2011_4.JPG

Last clutch to the right in the incubator
Mimmi_Second_Clutch_2011_5.JPG

Last clutch
Mimmi_Second_Clutch_2011_6.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern part of Sweden
Thank you all !

This is really a bonus, and especially for this female RF, that I got and started to take care of for a bit over a year ago. She has had a hard life, and is very badly pyramided from her early years, but is obviously living a good and happy life now. This must be some kind of proof of that she at least is a healthy tort now ?

She has been sleeping indoors now for more than 24 hours, apart from eating a hand full of dandelion, so she was more exhausted after this last clutch than she was after her first one two months ago.

But what surprises me is how they actually can "recover" so quickly and produce way over 200 grams extra "bodymass" in less than two months ?

On the other hand, they have existed on this planet for more than a million years, so they have had time to practice and tune their way of reproducing themselves for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.