Vet checkup after illness?

Speedy101

Location (City and/or State)
North East England
Hi everyone ?
December 2020 we nearly lost speedy to a severe pinworm infection. He was vomiting,didn’t eat for weeks and lost the strength to walk. After months of recovery, he’s better than ever, he’s spent all summer outside in his new enclosure and is very happy. The vet recommended me bringing him in one year on to get dewormed as a precaution considering how unwell he was. My question is should I do this considering he is healthy now? I’m obviously prepared to pay to get a fecal sample tested, but the vet said he would deworm if he saw any worms and I know most tortoises have a small amount of worms present and was wondering if it’s worth putting speedy through the stress? I definitely do not want a repeat of last year however! What do you guys think?
Thanks ?

Attachments

• E0B16CB3-A0DD-4067-99E9-237F96C16763.jpeg
    E0B16CB3-A0DD-4067-99E9-237F96C16763.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
I bring a fecal sample to my vet in the fall when I move my Russian tortoise inside for the season (I’m in Connecticut). It does not require his presence, and I decide what to do going forward (he only needed deworming once in 14 years).
Good luck!

Speedy101

North East England
I bring a fecal sample to my vet in the fall when I move my Russian tortoise inside for the season (I’m in Connecticut). It does not require his presence, and I decide what to do going forward (he only needed deworming once in 14 years).
Good luck!
Thank you for the input! ☺️