Vet Search - 4 Corners Area

Frankiebaby16

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston, Texas
I am located in Durango, CO and looking for any vet recommendations in the 4-Corners area.

I have a 100lb Sulcata and have been bringing him to a vet in Mesa, AZ but he is getting to big for that trip to be managed easily. I’d like to find a vet closer to me to make the trip easier and for any emergencies but still want a vet who is familiar with treating tortoises.

Any recommendations out there?

I did see Columbine Animal Hospital in Grand Junction listed on one thread…any reviews on that facility?

Thanks for any help!!

Pistachio's Pamperer

Location (City and/or State)
Tri-cities, Tennessee
I am located in Durango, CO and looking for any vet recommendations in the 4-Corners area.

I have a 100lb Sulcata and have been bringing him to a vet in Mesa, AZ but he is getting to big for that trip to be managed easily. I’d like to find a vet closer to me to make the trip easier and for any emergencies but still want a vet who is familiar with treating tortoises.

Any recommendations out there?

I did see Columbine Animal Hospital in Grand Junction listed on one thread…any reviews on that facility?

Thanks for any help!!
Used to live in Farmington NM just below you. And I made probably that same trip to Arizona for a good reptile vet. Arizona Exotic animal Hospital? I won’t go into details but I would not use Columbine Animal Hospital.
Could call/email UNM in Albuquerque although that’s a drive too. They were who I reached out to and they suggested the Arizona place at the time. They are wish-washy about exotics at the vet school. One of the professors is really good but not always the one there supervising. And some people aren’t comfortable with students but they are there to learn and are hands on.
Sorry I can’t help more maybe someone else will have a better idea.
-Meg