Veterinarian :Recommendations for trustworthy doc in Ventura County, California?

mylittlecholla

Location (City and/or State)
Fillmore, California
Hi, everyone.

I'd like to establish a relationship with a doc that people on this forum trust.

I have no reason to think there's anything wrong with my 3 yr. old DT, thank God, but I've read several posts generally critical of veterinary care for tortoises, and yesterday, I read of one tragic horror story.

The CTTC recommends two docs in my area, each about 40 minutes away. The driving time is no big deal, but Ventura is closer. However, I've seen only one veterinarian in the city of Ventura advertises herself as qualified to treat tortoises and other "exotics", but the CTTC list doesn't mention her.

Any thoughts? As always, thanks in advance for the help.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Almost no vets know tortoises. Make the extra drive if you need one.

My main vet and friend that I trust for both avian and reptilian needs is Dr. Molnar at All Animals Veterinary Hospital in Calabasis. 818-600-1838.

He's a Board Certified avian vet. That is HUGE. There are hardly any of those in the Southern California area, or in the whole country for that matter. His knowledge of reptiles matches his knowledge of birds, and he also keeps and breeds an assortment of his own reptiles, including tortoises.

I know its a long drive, but other vets are likely to kill your tortoise with their bad advice and incorrect treatments. I don't make this statement lightly. Tell him you are a friend of "Tom" and say hi to Christine and the office staff for me too.

mylittlecholla

Fillmore, California

My main vet and friend that I trust for both avian and reptilian needs is Dr. Molnar at All Animals Veterinary Hospital in Calabasis. 818-600-1838.

He's a Board Certified avian vet. That is HUGE. There are hardly any of those in the Southern California area, or in the whole country for that matter. His knowledge of reptiles matches his knowledge of birds, and he also keeps and breeds an assortment of his own reptiles, including tortoises.

I know its a long drive, but other vets are likely to kill your tortoise with their bad advice and incorrect treatments. I don't make this statement lightly. Tell him you are a friend of "Tom" and say hi to Christine and the office staff for me too.

mylittlecholla

Fillmore, California

Kybry00

Oxnard
Hi, everyone.

I'd like to establish a relationship with a doc that people on this forum trust.

I have no reason to think there's anything wrong with my 3 yr. old DT, thank God, but I've read several posts generally critical of veterinary care for tortoises, and yesterday, I read of one tragic horror story.

The CTTC recommends two docs in my area, each about 40 minutes away. The driving time is no big deal, but Ventura is closer. However, I've seen only one veterinarian in the city of Ventura advertises herself as qualified to treat tortoises and other "exotics", but the CTTC list doesn't mention her.

Any thoughts? As always, thanks in advance for the help.
What is the name of the veterinarian you're talking about in Ventura cuz I'm from Ventura and I need to find that as well