Video of your tortoise ?

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Wanted 2 minute or less videos of your tortoise doing something ( eating yawning, coming at you , chasing the dog , etc ). They can be serious , funny, medical treatment , building a new tort table , hide box , pen
Growing food ,eating ,pooping, mating , or sleeping with the cat.

I want to start a You Tube channel called " Tortoise Tales" and would love contributions from forum member.

I will advertise and send people to the tortoise forum with each vid posted. I also plan to do educational vids on care ; lighting , heat , lights , substrata , humidity , food, breeding , mixing species , etc.

If you have the ability to contribute a vid in this area - have at it !

All videos will be screened by me and posted by me with credits to the maker. So here is how to do it.

Keep vids SHORT. No more than 2 minutes. I'll make exceptions for instructional vids.

If you do it on a smart phone. You will have to break it down into shorter segments to send to me. That's fine. I can patch it back together with my editor.

You can download HD or bigger vids at VEMO and provide me a link to copy

I would like the vids emailed to me for comment and editing at
[email protected]
In segments is okay if needed.

If you want your name included in credits you must provide that to me. If you are selling / or a business provide me your info - website etc and I'll include it in the video. If it is legit and appropriate

I will require a simple statement with your vid submission that just says
" I give permission to use this video on the Turtle Tales You Tube Channel"

Well ...... Let's see if I can make this work
Mike

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Super idea, good luck with that.
Unfortunately, I have enough trouble with photos, so a video is probably out of the question.
I'll see.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Super idea, good luck with that.
Unfortunately, I have enough trouble with photos, so a video is probably out of the question.
I'll see.
I have your same problem with photos and videos I'm afraid.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Wanted 2 minute or less videos of your tortoise doing something ( eating yawning, coming at you , chasing the dog , etc ). They can be serious , funny, medical treatment , building a new tort table , hide box , pen

I want to start a You Tube channel called " Tortoise Tales" and would love contributions from forum member.

I will advertise and send people to the tortoise forum with each vid posted. I also plan to do educational vids on care ; lighting , heat , lights , substrata , humidity , food, breeding , mixing species , etc.

All videos will be screened by me and posted by me with credits to the maker. So here is how to do it.

Keep vids SHORT. No more than 2 minutes. I'll make exceptions for instructional vids.

If you do it on a smart phone. You will have to break it down into shorter segments to send to me. That's fine. I can patch it back together with my editor.

[email protected]

If you want your name included in credits you must provide that to me. If you are selling / or a business provide me your info - website etc and I'll include it in the video. If it is legit and appropriate

Mike
A great idea. How did you think of it?

Sorry to inform you that I have Adam's same issue.

Anyway, GOOD LUCK!

Tort Love

[email protected]

Mike

Alaskamike

South Florida
Yes. Haven't done one latly but still doing it. I have a follow up to the pyramiding one in the works.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
ive got some. My brother does all the web upkeep on the site. and were going trough over 400 videos tonight actually. But heres some for you for now.

Kinixys erosa drinking water from a "rain storm"

Egyptians drinking water from a spray down classic behavior of this species young and mature

Adult egyptians breeding

A long version of just how cool tortoises are.

Manouria emys emys covering up her nest

A short film on manouria in general
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxv9fSIIXNw

Manouria emys emys breeding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNROV8kn-aE

Indian stars getting soaked and big female trying to get out of the sink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khtQXVn9kYA

Baby sulcata hatching out of the egg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drA2zgTQtvA

Sulcatas walking around eating grass.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESBLhRaMLDQ

Leopard tortoise laying eggs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCG7xZYjlfI

Thats about it for now. Until we go through all the videos on our database.

Alaskamike

South Florida
Nice Kelly.
Would you okay me us bing some of those , editing into others and giving you credit?