Video surveillance ideas

Location (City and/or State)
Maidens, Virginia
Hey all. I have a underground, insulated hut for my 6 year old Sulcata, Chello. I’m use Govee to monitor temps but the fact that the house is kind of underground makes it hard to keep internet connection for the Ap to show me temps.
My questions:
1. Does anyone have experience using Eero ‘mesh’ as a way to extend WiFi ? I just asked for it for Xmas.
2. What baby or wildlife monitoring set ups do people use and like. I want a camera in the house and ideally one outside also if I can afford it.
Thx in advance
-El20BEE651-281D-4483-940D-F12421E42040.jpeg20BEE651-281D-4483-940D-F12421E42040.jpeg

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I had the same issue as you. I wound up having to bridge a few Buffalo routers together just to get a signal to the rear of my property. Same exact concept as what Eero has. I just had several Buffalo routers laying around so I built my own mesh.

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
I dont know what Euro Mesh is, but I have experience using powerline wifi adaptors. Basically it uses your homes electrical cables to carry data from an area in wifi range to an adaptor plugged into the same electrical system that is out of range. They work well. I dont know if there is any major difference between the UK systems and US but maybe worth considering.

Maidens, Virginia
I had the same issue as you. I wound up having to bridge a few Buffalo routers together just to get a signal to the rear of my property. Same exact concept as what Eero has. I just had several Buffalo routers laying around so I built my own mesh.
Does it keep a solid connection ?

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
I use Unifi cameras, which are wired and use power over Ethernet to provide both power and network connectivity over one cable.

not the cheapest solution, but if you're able to run a network cable to the enclosure, this might be a really reliable option for you. We use them inside the nightbox as well as out in the yard to keep an eye on things. Let me know if you have questions