Virus supplies worldwide comparison

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Dade and Broward county schools closed.
Friggin Disney World closed.
Gas prices hovering around $2.05 a gallon. And lines forming at the gas station here by my house. I suppose that's the whole area now.
The president said in his speech that it's time to fill up your gas tanks. I'm not sure why.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
TP secret-bolt on Bidet. Hooks into toilet seat bolts and T’s into the waterline. So much cleaner and easier on your backside. BTW just did a Walmart Neighborhood Market run and got in just after the hoard hit it. Overall 30-40 % empty shelves but were restocking. Got long term basics but no TP or paper towels. Did score a big bottle of hand sanitizer with aloe. 2 were on the shelf and I only took one! Due to HIPPA laws (Hospital privacy) there is under reporting of new cases. An American Airlines pilot was diagnosed- he is based out of Dallas Fort Worth. The issue is that a majority of people that catch the COVID-19 exhibit few to no visible signs of infection and with a quick contagious state it can be spread before person can think to self quarantine. My heart goes out to the 70+ crowd and the multi pre-existing illness people. Here is hoping that people stay calm!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
TP secret-bolt on Bidet. Hooks into toilet seat bolts and T’s into the waterline. So much cleaner and easier on your backside. BTW just did a Walmart Neighborhood Market run and got in just after the hoard hit it. Overall 30-40 % empty shelves but were restocking. Got long term basics but no TP or paper towels. Did score a big bottle of hand sanitizer with aloe. 2 were on the shelf and I only took one! Due to HIPPA laws (Hospital privacy) there is under reporting of new cases. An American Airlines pilot was diagnosed- he is based out of Dallas Fort Worth. The issue is that a majority of people that catch the COVID-19 exhibit few to no visible signs of infection and with a quick contagious state it can be spread before person can think to self quarantine. My heart goes out to the 70+ crowd and the multi pre-existing illness people. Here is hoping that people stay calm!
That's me and Yvonne...and I betcha she is doing exactly like me...staying home...no contact...I have chronic illness where Y does not...I don't get a cold, never had flu vaccine but don't get the flu..my worry is that the virus seems to act out as an URTI...I have serious lung disability...so I do worry...but not too much cuz I still think of myself as Lil Suzy Badass...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I thought that this might be an interesting venture. Made possible by the fact that we have members from every corner of the world...

Please report with a description or with photos, the virus situation in your area.
Here in southeast Florida, we have just a few cases of the virus and no deaths. However, people are fighting over rolls of toilet paper and you are hard pressed to find BLEACH, ALCOHOL, DISINFECTANT WIPES AND SPRAY, TOILET PAPER, PAPER TOWELS, BOTTLED WATER,SURGICAL GLOVES OR MASKS or HAND SANITIZER.
We're a little used to this happening here to some extent right before a hurricane hits. But that would include BATTERIES, WATER and GASOLINE.

View attachment 287923
Thank God those crazies don't read this site. It would give them some more bright ideas on what to hoard...no schools are open here for 3 weeks. I'm glad. Maybe all that cleaning will get rid of the super lice and other little buggies too.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
New Mexico here. Northern part of state. Supposedly "unconfirmed" cases nearby. And supposedly a "confirmed" case just over the state border(about an hour away).

We have been placed under a no more than a 100 ppl gathering rule, only exception being churches. Thus places like SAMS are doing head counts. There are lines to even go in, once inside, lines to get your allotment of water, paper products, etc. ((IF they have it.))

As of Monday, schools here are closed for at least 3 weeks. And our local college hasn't yet made a determination as to what they are going to do yet. ((Our college also contains a high school for advanced kids.)) Kids are on spring break here come Monday, so I am assuming the college will make a decision once it is time to go back. Lots of push for computer/online courses, as we are an area where the kids are issued a computer in 1st grade and keep it until graduation. The college also insists all students have a computer. All sports are canceled. All academic meets are canceled. All theater shows canceled.

I "saw" this crap coming and did my shopping a couple of weeks ago, although I didn't do anything like buy enough for a year or anything. I am glad I did, as I wouldn't even currently step in any stores locally. The people in the house have enough supplies for awhile. As do the pets. This is one of those times when I am glad that I have two fridges, two freezers, and a pantry. Also glad that I grow a lot of Pistachio's food.

And whether folks like it or not. I checked the cabinets/fridges, but I also checked the ammo situation.
I am not afraid of the virus, and maybe that is dumb? I am more afraid of how people are reacting.

-Meg
100% agree.. same situation here

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I am a member of 111% here in Oregon...I so believe in owning and open carry guns...But with the run on guns I don't understand...I've been asking...What'cha gonna do Oregon...shoot sick people?
I'm afraid for my developmentally disabled deafmute brother and that's it. He walks around town and might sneeze or something...and get shot because he's different. Hopefully, they'll just try to use a bale of tp to shield themselves.

VegasJeff

Las Vegas, NV
Out here in Las Vegas, about half the shelfs are empty in grocery stores. We are missing a lot of the stuff like Paper Products, Rice, Beans, Bottled Water. It was just dry goods but now shortages are starting to creep into fresh foods. No Russell Potatoes when we went to the grocery store today.

This whole thing seems crazy like I’m living in a war zone or the zombie apocalypse. The only disease traveling faster than the coronavirus right now is mass hysteria it seems.

I feel like I’m gonna have to start hoarding to defend myself against the mass hoarders. I need to order dog food tomorrow as I’m concerned about that running out and I need to see if I can get distilled water from one of those water stores.

I’m also starting to get concerned as my wive is suppose to give birth in about 4 weeks. Scary times to be having a baby if things get worse.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Oh also there was NO pasta (minus red lentil pasta) unless you wanted lasagna noodles, so guess who’s making lasagna now. I was guilty of taking the last bag of rice because I mean things were picked over and you can eat white rice with literally anything and add seasonings and make it a party. I didn’t even check dairy, we had a good bit of milk both cow and almond at home but I hear that’s likely not so easy to get here either. So I bought lots of cereal, good thing I like my cereal dry (yes I know I’m totally weird) I got the last canister of Walmart coffee, though more expensive brands were still available though picked through. Bottled water was pretty much empty but I have water, and my parents have a well and worst case **** hit the fan scenarios zombie apocalypse (which this will never be that bad) is hunker down with them in lockdown, my mum always has supplies and growing up on a farm there’s a second freezer, with like half a cow, and dad has a generator, and a lake to wash in when it’s warm and not still March here in MA, technically if there’s ever a place to live off the grid, they’ve got it under control. I guess that’s why it’s so anxiety inducing for me to not have months of supplies in my small apartment because I was raised as a prepper (not intentionally but we always had enough to get by for a long time if push came to shove)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Oh also there was NO pasta (minus red lentil pasta) unless you wanted lasagna noodles, so guess who’s making lasagna now. I was guilty of taking the last bag of rice because I mean things were picked over and you can eat white rice with literally anything and add seasonings and make it a party. I didn’t even check dairy, we had a good bit of milk both cow and almond at home but I hear that’s likely not so easy to get here either. So I bought lots of cereal, good thing I like my cereal dry (yes I know I’m totally weird) I got the last canister of Walmart coffee, though more expensive brands were still available though picked through. Bottled water was pretty much empty but I have water, and my parents have a well and worst case **** hit the fan scenarios zombie apocalypse (which this will never be that bad) is hunker down with them in lockdown, my mum always has supplies and growing up on a farm there’s a second freezer, with like half a cow, and dad has a generator, and a lake to wash in when it’s warm and not still March here in MA, technically if there’s ever a place to live off the grid, they’ve got it under control. I guess that’s why it’s so anxiety inducing for me to not have months of supplies in my small apartment because I was raised as a prepper (not intentionally but we always had enough to get by for a long time if push came to shove)

That's a great story...and it was nice to see your name here...it's been a while...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Out here in Las Vegas, about half the shelfs are empty in grocery stores. We are missing a lot of the stuff like Paper Products, Rice, Beans, Bottled Water. It was just dry goods but now shortages are starting to creep into fresh foods. No Russell Potatoes when we went to the grocery store today.

This whole thing seems crazy like I’m living in a war zone or the zombie apocalypse. The only disease traveling faster than the coronavirus right now is mass hysteria it seems.

I feel like I’m gonna have to start hoarding to defend myself against the mass hoarders. I need to order dog food tomorrow as I’m concerned about that running out and I need to see if I can get distilled water from one of those water stores.

I’m also starting to get concerned as my wive is suppo
The baby thing is a worry...that's for sure good luck with that...please keep us posted...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Oh well hell....I have to go to town today for cat litter...and bird seed...I thought I was staying home for 2 weeks...lasted 2 days as I forgot abt the cats and birds...will dash off to Petsmart and hope it's not too crowded. I'll feel like a ****ing idiot with a face mask on...so will take it with, and see how crowded it is...sure wish I had more money as premium gas is now $2.99......yesterday at 3:30 pm, NASCAR suspended the next 2 races...hell...I refuse to do housework or yard work on my weekends...so...I will watch a Quentin Tarantino movie and mess with all my animals...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My daughter's work place (a grammar school) has just announced it will be closed until the middle of April. Since she works in the cafeteria, which is NOT part of our school district, but a private company, she probably will be without a paycheck for the duration. Clovis, California and Fresno unified school districts are closed until the middle of April.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
My daughter's work place (a grammar school) has just announced it will be closed until the middle of April. Since she works in the cafeteria, which is NOT part of our school district, but a private company, she probably will be without a paycheck for the duration. Clovis, California and Fresno unified school districts are closed until the middle of April.

Contract-labor companies should be working with state unemployment offices to confirm temporary lay-offs.

Oh well hell....I have to go to town today for cat litter...and bird seed...I thought I was staying home for 2 weeks...lasted 2 days as I forgot abt the cats and birds...will dash off to Petsmart and hope it's not too crowded. I'll feel like a ****ing idiot with a face mask on...so will take it with, and see how crowded it is...sure wish I had more money as premium gas is now $2.99......yesterday at 3:30 pm, NASCAR suspended the next 2 races...hell...I refuse to do housework or yard work on my weekends...so...I will watch a Quentin Tarantino movie and mess with all my animals...

Anyone who should avoid public spaces might investigate shop-from-home services or the pick-up-at-store options for retailers. This eliminates or at least minimizes your exposure to large numbers of strangers, and professional shoppers are now being instructed to wear gloves as they work. Look up the food store/box store/retailer you want to use and look for the online shopping option of their website (you may be redirected to an instacart or shipt type of service).

For home delivery services, you can choose to have your purchases left on your doorstep.