Virus supplies worldwide comparison

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm pretty sure that almost no one dies in the morgue. Maybe an old mortician drops dead while working once in a while, but I'm pretty sure you have to already be dead to get into the morgue, unless you work there. Just sayin...
I truly believe that you understood what I meant.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
Gee, it makes one think, but if this was secretly planned by the Chinese gov in some deep super secret economic war room, there is no way that they could predict outcomes taken (or not) by USG officials. That would have taken a whole lot of “Yes’s” on the decision tree. Too many factors& personalities involved. The plot thickens.
I don't think the economic war rooms are that secret …….. I've seen virologist say it's a wild virus , not engineered , i'll assume they know what they're looking at , it was just a coincidence the outbreak of this new virus was in the same city as their maximum security biolab ……….. as far as the worlds dominant power , that will be the result of economics , and I have no doubt whatsoever that they are working toward that goal , that should be a no brainer ……… I think they understand America's governmental flaws

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
My wife has just been called into work.
She also works for the Broward county School board.
She works security at the TSSC building. School board police.
The board has decided that instead of having skeleton crews at different sites, they'll just cramp everyone into a single structure down town. The KC WRIGHT building. A place known to us workers as the Chrystal Palace.
All of the professional, administrative and clerical employees in a single place.
All while the virus is ramping up in that particular part of downtown Fort Lauderdale.
What's the worst that could happen.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
I truly believe that you understood what I meant.

i did , it was just a stupid spur of the moment thought/post....... kinda bad taste after the fact...…... nursing homes do need to be vigilant ..... the one in washington was negligent and I believe will not be the norm ….. ..........

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I never cease to be amazed by the degree of paranoia that is shared by some members of this forum, particularly around this subject. As responsible adults, of course we should distrust the media and be cynical of our governments but the idea that this is some kind of orchestrated global conspiracy is simply absurd.

I’m a Brit and often feel like something of an outsider looking in during these discussions. I haven’t been closely following what’s going on in the US other than the headline stats and the press statements from your great leader. From what I’ve seen though, it’s pretty clear that tangerine chump has got no better idea what his government should be doing right now than the leader of any other country in the world. Broadly speaking, authorities, just like us, are blindly scrambling to take what they hope will be the least damaging course of action in an unprecedented time of global crisis and whilst I would be shocked if some governments didn’t do their best to find a way to make the chaos work to their advantage where they can, I find the assertion that this is in some way a calculated overreaction to a minor health scare frankly ludicrous.

I completely understand that people are scared and angry about loosing their income and their liberties but I simply can’t see what angle you’d have to approach this from to see how a group or administration might be benefitting from this scenario, unless they own shares in a hand sanitiser factory. I’m no economist but surely the fiscal carnage caused by these indefinite shutdowns far, far exceed the benefit to any government from enacting these measures?

So many of the statistics, particularly death rates, are at this stage broadly meaningless and will remain so for weeks until this crisis at least begins to stabilise. However those who assert that COVID-19 is no more serious than seasonal flu are misguided, it is not only significantly more contagious, it has proven to be many times more deadly, in particular amongst the elderly. Seasonal flu doesn’t decimate entire care homes, for example, as has been reported in Spain and Italy. Nor does it cause hospitals to be so overwhelmed with critically ill patients that people have to be airlifted en masse to neighbouring countries for emergency treatment. And with regard to whether a patient dies from COVID-19 or pneumonia or apparently unrelated seasonal flu, once people are dying because they can’t get a hospital bed due to healthcare systems being overrun, it doesn’t matter whether the cause of death is appendicitis, it’s ultimately an extra death caused by the effects of the coronavirus.

Here in London we are at the start of what will be a steep upswing in cases and hospitals are now reaching maximum capacity for critical care patients. Fatalities are beginning to grow noticeably and are in line with the predicted trend of doubling every 2-3 days. Only time will tell but, from what I’ve seen, I suspect the US is in a very similar position. I think the suggestion that most people have already been exposed to the illness is extraordinarily optimistic and that the disease still has many more weeks or months of chaos to wreak until 50-60% of the population have been infected and it becomes safe for normal activities to resume.

There is no way of knowing how this crisis will come to pass but if there is a chance that we can save any lives by just staying indoors it would take a very strong argument to convince me that’s not a worthwhile sacrifice.
I'm actually happy that they've tried to make people behave themselves for once... wash your hands etc...it was scarier for me before all this happened. And really I'm glad our government decided to spend our taxes and borrow also to help us get through this financially but...we will have to help pay it back.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Cooking oil, bleach, eggs, bread and meat are back in some quantities.
Still no wipes, alcohol or TP.
The virus is not slowing down yet. But it seems that the hoarding scare might be calming down?
I couldn't find dry beans??? No one wants those usually except me. I managed to find tp today though. I sure the heck hope people chill out for a bit.

Relic

Here
I've been working on a back-up plan should TP stay off the shelves and I finally run out. It involves 3-times a week doses of Imodium anti-diarrhea medicine. In the past, it has locked up my bowels so efficiently, that when you finally go, it's as hard as a slab of granite, and there's really nothing to wipe...however, I'm having trouble getting my wife onboard with the idea.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
I've been working on a back-up plan should TP stay off the shelves and I finally run out. It involves 3-times a week doses of Imodium anti-diarrhea medicine. In the past, it has locked up my bowels so efficiently, that when you finally go, it's as hard as a slab of granite, and there's really nothing to wipe...however, I'm having trouble getting my wife onboard with the idea.
Weird. I can’t see why she would be hesitant.

You’re a keeper for sure!
????

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
TMI!!!!!!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
You win best comment for this thread lol

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
This popped up on YouTube today. My wife keeps asking me about the masks. My friend who is a nurse asked me weeks ago if I needed any, and I told him honestly, "I don't know. Do I?"

I remember at the beginning of this virus thing that the CDC told us that those masks did nothing.
Soon after, health workers were clamoring for those same masks.
This one did and still does sound fishy.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I found a sealed box of 20 of these masks I had intended to use for fiberglass work. Then never did. Out in my garage.
I'd given the others that I knew I had away.
I'll keep these.

View attachment 289432
I have some masks I bought to wear for when I was doing dusty Weedeater or mowing, and I've never used them. Trouble is what good will a mask do if I don't have eye protection.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I found a sealed box of 20 of these masks I had intended to use for fiberglass work. Then never did. Out in my garage.
I'd given the others that I knew I had away.
I'll keep these.

View attachment 289432

haha. I literally just did the same thing like an hour ago. Some of the places I go are starting to require masks and I thought I was SOL until I went scavenging in my garage and found a box plus 1.