Virus supplies worldwide comparison

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The Fresno and Clovis school boards met last night. Fresno decided to keep schools closed for the rest of the school year. Clovis hopes to open in May.

I went grocery shopping today. I can understand people wanting to stock up on packaged dinners, so I wasn't surprised when there was no Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, or Knorr quickie dinners, but butter? Why on earth was there no butter on the shelves? And naturally, no T-paper. I was able to get pretty much everything I wanted. I had to substitute a few things, but all in all came home with enough groceries to feed myself and my tortoises for a while. Traffic was light. Many people wore gloves and masks (not me). I remembered to not touch my face until I was able to wash my hands at home, but I pet the hell outta' my cat on the way into the house. Now I have to remember to not pet her again until all those nasty germs have died off of her.

On a not-virus note: I came home to no internet. Seems those dang kittens were playing behind my desk again and they unplugged the power source from the wall. My house is old enough to not have three prong receptacles, so all my cords have to be first plugged into an adapter. This makes the cord extra heavy at the wall, and easy to dislodge. I guess I'll have to tape it to the wall. I've already got a whole bunch of 'stuff' piled up back there to keep them out, but they just love it back there and they find a way in.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I've kind of paid less attention to my "yard pets".
I've got no energy at all.
Oh my! I thought your 'sickness' was a sort of a passing thing...and I'm sure the stress of what is happening to us as a whole, and as individuals isn't helping any...I'm sorry...
I'm sure because of the species of tortoise that you keep, you don't have a big tort shed with a large pile of soft sweet-smelling hay handy. I don't do it so much with Big Sam and Knobby...but I regularly laid in that hay and napped with Bob, especially when I didn't feel good...the warm shed, the good animal smells, the comfort of a big tortoise that felt the same way I did...all sorta like homemade mac n cheese...take care you...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Oh my! I thought your 'sickness' was a sort of a passing thing...and I'm sure the stress of what is happening to us as a whole, and as individuals isn't helping any...I'm sorry...
I'm sure because of the species of tortoise that you keep, you don't have a big tort shed with a large pile of soft sweet-smelling hay handy. I don't do it so much with Big Sam and Knobby...but I regularly laid in that hay and napped with Bob, especially when I didn't feel good...the warm shed, the good animal smells, the comfort of a big tortoise that felt the same way I did...all sorta like homemade mac n cheese...take care you...
I think that my energy level is more mental than physical.
Today I actually weed eated the big Redfoot pen and swept out the pools. Then straightened up a path through the garage and washed and waxed Kelly's car. Since she now uses my truck...
I have like sinus related symptoms. But I feel relatively decent in general.
My brother wants to go out shooting in the EVERGLADES. But is afraid to leave his wife who is extremely pregnant.
That would actually be an ideal social distancing activity.
I'm just stir crazy like everyone else.

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Today I actually weed eated the big Redfoot pen and swept out the pools. Then straightened up a path through the garage and washed and waxed Kelly's car. Since she now uses my truck...
My brother wants to go out shooting in the EVERGLADES. But is afraid to leave his wife who is extremely pregnant.
I had to laugh at the picture your 'clear out a path through the garage' sentence presented. I think a lot of us have been there a time or two!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
One issue that will be huge after this pandemic is over is dog and cat anxiety! How will we explain to them why we have to go back to work and not spend all day with them?
That's ok...they'll just get used to getting back to their usual selves. They might even have a pillow fight behind your back for fun...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I had to laugh at the picture your 'clear out a path through the garage' sentence presented. I think a lot of us have been there a time or two!
I own a very small house. So most of the clutter winds up shoved out there.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I would SO love to actually go in the Everglades...not a good idea for your brother to go right now tho...I was seriously stir crazy so I took out the car and found an empty road and just drove...Oregon is really very pretty...then I went to my empty church parking lot and made a few donuts...came home, cooked, washed the kitchen floor and now I am camped out on the sofa, eating good food and watching pseudo reality murder shows...what a life...

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
My clutter area is the basement. I'm sure there's things down there that I don't even remember owning lol.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
There are now 2 confirmed COVID-19 cases at my mothers nursing home and two nurses have quit that work at Phoebe hospital next door due to the many infected patients and staff, deaths and lack of PPE.
Nobody in my mothers area of the home has tested positive.