Virus supplies worldwide comparison

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
You can tell the difference here.
But it sure doesn't look like there's been a stay at home order in effect.
My best friend in Broward does pools. So he's been lucky enough to still have a job. He said that a lot of people in Broward aren't really taking it seriously but Dade is a different story. He said Miami is empty and completely closed down.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I just found out that my across the street neighbor, his wife and 2 teenage kids have literally been inside for 2 weeks.
He sells CLARKE shoes at a mall in Miami. So they have no income. They had no PPE and ran out of toilet paper, so we made them a care package with some of our spare stuff.
Hopefully itll end up being spare stuff.
But it felt good to pay it forward.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
My best friend in Broward does pools. So he's been lucky enough to still have a job. He said that a lot of people in Broward aren't really taking it seriously but Dade is a different story. He said Miami is empty and completely closed down.
Miami beach is arresting people out without masks.
Broward is a little less strict for sure.
I see plenty of people with no PPE of any kind acting like it's just a regular, normal day.
I haven't been near the beach lately, but I'm sure it'd be a mess.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I just found out that my across the street neighbor, his wife and 2 teenage kids have literally been inside for 2 weeks.
He sells CLARKE shoes at a mall in Miami. So they have no income. They had no PPE and ran out of toilet paper, so we made them a care package with some of our spare stuff.
Hopefully itll end up being spare stuff.
But it felt good to pay it forward.
I made up a ton of hand sanitizer and I've been giving it to people who need some on nextdoor.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I made up a ton of hand sanitizer and I've been giving it to people who need some on nextdoor.
I still haven't made any.
I have a few dollar store bottles of the real stuff. Plus a few tubes of Lysol wipes.
(A few less now)
I have plans and the ingredients to make my own stuff soon.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I found two kinds of ALOE BURN CREAM. It's pure Aloe.
One was the consistancy of jelly. That would've been perfect to mix with alcohol.
But the type I got was the gel that is already the consistency of hand sanitizer. So once I ad the 60% alcohol, I'll end up with a watery mix.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
One was the consistancy of jelly. That would've been perfect to mix with alcohol.
But the type I got was the gel that is already the consistency of hand sanitizer. So once I ad the 60% alcohol, I'll end up with a watery mix.
As long as it works.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You can tell the difference here.
But it sure doesn't look like there's been a stay at home order in effect.
Same here. People are even standing in long lines together to buy their essentials. Wrapped around the building. But only 50 people allowed in the store at one time including the staff. That just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Use a little spritzer bottle then.? My son carries one with alcohol. He's terribly allergic to any kind of mites including ants. That's what helps him. Also , I think the gels are just to add an emoliant to your skin.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've been real nervous about going into town tomorrow to shop, so I decided to give grocery-shopping-online a try. I usually go to Smart and Final for produce, then to Savemart for 'me' groceries, but for ease of shopping, I did all of it at Smart and Final. Some of my normal things weren't available, but I can do without, and I ended up spending just a bit more than normal. Delivery won't be until Saturday, so that means Friday will be a no feed day unless I can find plenty of weeds to feed the tortoises. I'll still have to go to the post office to pick up my mail, but I can avoid people there, so don't feel quite so nervous about that, and I can go real early in the a.m. to avoid people. I've never grocery shopped online before, but hopefully I can figure out how to just 'ditto' this week's order for next week.

Do any of you grocery shop online? How's that work out for you?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Alcohol is something I haven't seen anywhere since this all began.
It's more rare than toilet paper.
I was able to order two 4-roll packs of T-paper online, but the only brand they had available was Charmin, and I usually buy cheaper than that. Oh well.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I had been taking my car out on our roads that look like that...just to get out of the house and drive off some tension...but just now I heard a ruckus out in the street...there were 2 ambulances, 2 sheriff cars and another neighbor...we are being nosy, and 2 EMT's brought out a stretcher w/my neighbor a man 40 something...the EMT's were in full on Hazmat suits, then out came the wife on a stretcher, again Hazmat suits, and we asked a neighbor on the other side and he said they both tested positive for the virus. Wonder why the cops??...Yep, it feels pretty serious all the sudden...bet their house is not 40 yards away from me....

Scary stuff. Maybe.....since they tested positive it was mandated for them both to be evacuated. Some folks don’t want to go...police there to enforce the hospitalization. /just guessing/

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I've been real nervous about going into town tomorrow to shop, so I decided to give grocery-shopping-online a try. I usually go to Smart and Final for produce, then to Savemart for 'me' groceries, but for ease of shopping, I did all of it at Smart and Final. Some of my normal things weren't available, but I can do without, and I ended up spending just a bit more than normal. Delivery won't be until Saturday, so that means Friday will be a no feed day unless I can find plenty of weeds to feed the tortoises. I'll still have to go to the post office to pick up my mail, but I can avoid people there, so don't feel quite so nervous about that, and I can go real early in the a.m. to avoid people. I've never grocery shopped online before, but hopefully I can figure out how to just 'ditto' this week's order for next week.

Since the lockdown, we havent been out shopping at any stores. We have placed orders with Sams Club (Plus membership gets free shipping) as well as WalMart (free shipping on orders greater than $35). We order mostly dry goods, beans, rice, powder milk, condiments, coffee, ant traps. No green produce. Free delivery to the front
porch is super convenient.

SPILL

Illinois
My best friend in Broward does pools. So he's been lucky enough to still have a job.
Since an untreated pool is considered a biohazard I knew we would still be able to do service but I'm pleasantly surprised that while the state is under stay at home orders I've been ale to get building permits from five separate municipalities.

Ask your friend to compare the ingredients of quat-based algaecides and sanitary wipes. I've had people buying quarts and turning them into gallons.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

I had to order canvas online and pick up at the store for Joe. I haven't tried that for groceries yet. My advice is order now because that service is so overwhelmed it takes several days here. My niece is a Joann fabrics manager which is where I got the canvas. She said there's only herself and a coworker to answer the phone when you pick-up. The two are filling the orders. Plus all the phone calls coming in. She said they're overwhelmed. They sent me an email 24 hours after I ordered that it was ready. It took me several phone calls before I could get through to let them know I was there. I can just imagine what grocery stores are dealing with. I hate it but I can't stand in line for hours either. So I'll grin and bear it.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Man
Every time I turn on the news, they're talking about the Albany Georgia virus situation.
Mom is still ok.
But now her cellphone charge cord is malfunctioning and I haven't heard from her much for the last week or so.
One of the CNAs are going to buy her a cord tomorrow.
Her voice is hardly there and a lot of what she says is nonsense. But talking makes us both feel better. Even when she calls at 3 AM because she thinks its 3 PM to tell me about how she spent the day with a long since dead relative. Etc.