Virus supplies worldwide comparison

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I saw gallon jugs of hand sanitizer in a "save a lot" the past week in Ohio. That's also a chain of pretty good grocery stores in Florida. I'm not sure if you would have the same products.
I purchased two gallons online. About $55 per gallon.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sometimes it's necessary to do things you shouldn't outta do...so even tho I have been isolating well...and I'm hurting like hell...I hadda go to town...too cold for the torts to go out...storming and raining...need tort food...might as well shop...since we are in stage 2 of opening Oregon I did not expect what I experienced...so many people in the store at 7 am...kids w/parents and no masks...guess social distancing and one way aisles are a thing of the past...shelves were full...I probably should hoard some hand sanitizer and send it to ya'll...I'm going to keep protecting myself as there were 5 new cases today in Benton county and 3 deaths...this thing ain't over, dumba**es...there's gonna be another wave of COVID-19...Liberal Oregon is opening up too soon...and numerous businesses who aren't supposed to open are...
The second wave is coming. Period.
At least it looks like we'll have more supplies available this time.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Publix and Walmart MARKETPLACE both are stocked with toilet paper and paper towels and some hand sanitizer.
Still no Lysol and no 71% or higher alcohol.
The shopping carts are sprayed with some sort of disinfectant and there are hand sanitizer stations throughout.
There are still only a certain amount of customers allowed in at a time.
Face masks are still required and there are still ONE WAY arrows affixed to the shopping isles.
And those arrows are still being ignored. Because much like COVID-19, there is no cure for stupid.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
My wife and I went back to an Italian restaurant that we "discovered" two weeks ago that is huge inside and offers limited indoor seating.
Risky for sure.
Buca di pepo
They have a very unusual pizza with sausage, pepperoni, roasted red onion, mozzarella and gorgonzola cheeses. It happens to be the best (and most expensive) pizza I've ever eaten.
So if you hear that I have COVID-19.....I got it because I'm a dumb *** that likes pizza.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I'm not that desperate... We try to keep enough of a variety of products on hand at home to be able to work around various product shortages. At least on the cleaning and disinfection side, anyhow.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm not that desperate... We try to keep enough of a variety of products on hand at home to be able to work around various product shortages. At least on the cleaning and disinfection side, anyhow.
I have a big selection right now.
Although we've shared/traded and given away a lot of it, I've been reluctant to use most of it.
Like if not now....When?
For example, I haven't used a single drop of that Lysol.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Publix and Walmart MARKETPLACE both are stocked with toilet paper and paper towels and some hand sanitizer.
Still no Lysol and no 71% or higher alcohol.
The shopping carts are sprayed with some sort of disinfectant and there are hand sanitizer stations throughout.
There are still only a certain amount of customers allowed in at a time.
Face masks are still required and there are still ONE WAY arrows affixed to the shopping isles.
And those arrows are still being ignored. Because much like COVID-19, there is no cure for stupid.
I've noticed the ability of individuals to follow the directional one way signs for the aisles in my local Publix store seems to depend on the time of day (the later it is, the less they care or pay attention) and whether this is "routine" for the person doing the shopping (the less routine it is for that individual, for whatever reason, the less they comply). That's my strictly anecdotal take on it, disclaimers apply. :D

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That's a pretty steep price. I'm not sure if the save a lots in your state are the same products but...a gallon of hand sanitizer didn't cost that. It was more like $10. I don't really use it at home so I haven't bought any. I just use Lysol wipes now and then. It's nice to have a little spritzer while shopping though.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I've noticed the ability of individuals to follow the directional one way signs for the aisles in my local Publix store seems to depend on the time of day (the later it is, the less they care or pay attention) and whether this is "routine" for the person doing the shopping (the less routine it is for that individual, for whatever reason, the less they comply). That's my strictly anecdotal take on it, disclaimers apply. :D
If I see an aisle I'm needing things and can social distance (or it's empty) and not behave the so called traffic laws I go for it. I do however behave when I'm driving. Hay I'm old. They are just making it harder and harder for me to do my shopping.?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
That's a pretty steep price. I'm not sure if the save a lots in your state are the same products but...a gallon of hand sanitizer didn't cost that. It was more like $10. I don't really use it at home so I haven't bought any. I just use Lysol wipes now and then. It's nice to have a little spritzer while shopping though.
$55 was the price at the time.
I'm sure it isn't the normal retail price.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I couldn't believe I was seeing a gallon jug in a grocery store. I really didn't pay much attention to it. I've always kept it here at home but I'm always so close to a sink to wash my hands, I don't really use it. Having some when I shop for necessary things is ok. Most stores I visit have the sanitizing wipes so I use them on their carts and my hands on the way in and out. Only my favorite grocery store doesn't have them right now. They do however have employees cleaning their carts. BUT I still want the sanitizing wipes. The dang cheap skates. I know the wipes are available because the other stores have them. I hope I don't pull a Maggie on them soon. By their quantity limits they just make me (a very high risk person) have to go out more often.? My friends there will hopefully just shoe me out.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My wife and I went back to an Italian restaurant that we "discovered" two weeks ago that is huge inside and offers limited indoor seating.
Risky for sure.
Buca di pepo
They have a very unusual pizza with sausage, pepperoni, roasted red onion, mozzarella and gorgonzola cheeses. It happens to be the best (and most expensive) pizza I've ever eaten.
So if you hear that I have COVID-19.....I got it because I'm a dumb *** that likes pizza.
?I'm sure they did the best they could to keep themselves and their customers safe.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Has anyone looked at the pangolin info? relating to the corona virus.?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm wondering if chewy.com thinks they're fooling us into not knowing they're price gouging by raising prices in increments. I bought Reptibark for $15 prior to covid-19, then $16 after the virus, and it was $17 a couple weeks ago and today it's $18!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
There are now 9 residents with COVID-19 at my mothers nursing home and 2 infected staff.
Oh no! I'm so sorry that you have this constant worry! Since I'm quite sure you have ruled out the possibility of bringing her home with you for a while, all I can do for you both is pray. And that I have already been doing. ?